Transformers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Talyn, May 10, 2007.

1. 0gmios

0gmios Valued Member

Please people, I beg you, do not just go to HD-DVD because a title is only available in that format.

Even though it is Transformers, and it is so wicked (remember I have seen it 6 times so I know). We must make a stand, 6 layer Blu-Ray is at 200GB per disc!

We don't want another VHS - Beta thing, where Beta was better but it got dropped by home entertainment, while industry kept using Beta! It is wrong! I beg you as a scientist, working in optics, Blu-Ray is better, and no matter what HD-DVD do, Blu-Ray can adopted the same thing, and still be better, it is simple physics!

PLEASE! DON'T DO IT!

2. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

Well, I doubt anything I do will affect the outcome of this format war. Rumoured to be a big announcement soon, perhaps from Warner Bros in favour of blu-ray. We shall see...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  3. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I really enjoyed it, I love bumble bee!!!

4. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

If blu-ray is superior, and is going to be even better, then there can be no doubt it will win the format war. Ultimately, blu-ray will be replaced anyway, like VHS was.

5. 0gmios

0gmios Valued Member

Oh contraire, we are the consumer, we have the power! If we ALL decided not to buy HD-DVD, then the distributors will have no choice.

The point is if the companies developing HD-DVD get enough distributors to use HD-DVD exclusively, the fact that Blu-Ray is better means nothing, we are talking about business; they do what is best for them! As the consumer what we buy tells them what we want.

Do you want a 10 layer 250GB (or 330 GB, maybe more) disc with Blu-Ray, or a 10 layer 150 GB (absolute max) disc with HD-DVD?

HD will not be superseded for a while. These technologies represent what is required for storing High Definition Digital Video. For it to be superseded there needs to be something to surpass it... so far nothing on the horizon.

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Seems like the DVD of Transformers comes in many different flavours.

I've just ordered the 2 disc set that comes with packaging that transforms into Optimus Prime. In the US this is a Target exclusive and it seems that it has sold out on day of release.

Walmart are selling a 2 disc version that includes an animated version of the comic book prequel. The Target exclusive comes with a Starscream prequel hard copy comic book whilst the HD-DVD comes with exclusive web features.

I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on my copy!!! :D

7. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bout time it came out :D Got my copy already ;)

8. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

You should send me this for my birthday Nobby.

Ktathnx :love:

9. Chimpcheng

Send you my transforming Transformers DVD case?? I rather pee blood Wonky. :D

[​IMG]

Awesome.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  10. 0gmios

0gmios Valued Member

That is so freaking cool, I can guarantee you here in Australia, it will only come in a standard DVD cover, :cry: :cry: :cry:

11. Chimpcheng

Actually Australia has a couple of steelbook case editions and they also had the transforming case, but that long since sold out. Check it:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/795761

Edit: Seems it's not been released in R4 territories yet but it's likely that all of them have been pre-ordered by now.

12. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

Are they bringing it out in the uk?

13. Chimpcheng

As far as I can make out, the UK is getting steelbook cases with Autobat and Decepticon motiffs but there doesn't seem to be anyone selling the transforming case edition.

That's not to say it won't be released, they may be finalisation who gets to sell it as an exclusive.

14. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Good job I already own a stuffed Optimus Prime and a Bumblebee that both transform :D

[​IMG]

15. Chimpcheng

My Transforming DVD came yesterday and it is awesome despite it's somewhat flimsy nature.

The DVDs are housed in the back of Optimus Prime which isn't built with regular opening up in mind as the hinge is practically a bend in the plastic. However, it is possibly one of the coolest DVD packages known to man and I own the smelly latex Necronomicon version of "Evil Dead". :D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  16. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I asked in HMV. They said they wern't sure which editions there getting, but the one costs £30. I reckon for that price it should transform at very least?!!

17. Victoria

What region is this again Nobby?

18. Chimpcheng

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  19. Victoria

Mines pre ordered! :D

20. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

You and the Chimp are now on my HIT list V!

***sculks off to cry over not getting cool transforming case***