Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by doc97, Jan 26, 2009.

1. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Really looking forward to this movie. Read an article which gave some information.

There will be 40+ autobots/decepticons in the movie. The constructicons will be in it and they will be forming devastor. Megatron will NOT be returning. There is also a picture circulation of optimus prime with a lot of battle damage, and there is a major fight scene that takes place in Egypt that optimus in not in.

I don't know if those constitute spoilers, but I thought I would give the information.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
  2. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Hey man,

Nothing you posted were spoilers as you don't give away plot points or a blow-by-blow account of what happens.

However, the story about Megatron not returning is probably false. There's pictures of him in robot form and as a tank all over the internet and in film magazines. I know Michael Bay told Empire that Megatron wasn't in the new movie, but he's a huge fan of giving false information about his films.

I'm looking forward to it all the same. :cool:

3. KFjim

KFjim Valued Member

i too cannot wait, although iam disappointed to hear that jazz may not be making a return, as he was my favourite character as a child.

Still will be ace, i think Jetfire is in there somewhere.

4. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Jazz was my favorite also, but I was disapointed when he wasn't a Porsche 935 in the movie.

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Oh sweet! I'm looking forward.

6. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

Weird thing is, it's said that Jetfire will be able to combine with Prime, but his toy has decepticon box art.

7. KFjim

KFjim Valued Member

Jetfire was originally a Decepticon. He was a scientist on cybertron, and when the war broke out was convinced by Megatron that they were fighting the good fight. It was only on earth after he was re-awakened (I think he was frozen at one of the poles) that he realised and became an autobot. And at some point one of the toys allowed him to combine with Prime, and I think that was in the comic books at some point too.

@doc: yeah i know what you mean, i was hoping he would be but apparantly porsche wouldn't allow the use of any of their cars in the film.

8. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Oh crap! I can't believe I spelled Transformers wrong!!!! :rolleyes:

The one thing I liked about the first movie was that there were not so many robots so you could get the feel for each personality. With that many robots, I'm afraid some of that will be lost. Needless to say Bumblebee and Optimus will have prominent roles, but I hope they use Ironside a lot. I really enjoyed him in the movie.

If you look at imb movies, it states that Megatron is saved by Scorponox and is brought back to life using his own spark. Interesting since the first robot being dropped into the ocean by the Navy was Megatron. So who knows? Michael Bay at his best.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  9. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

i hope they introduce Hot Rod. I always liked him. he's basically teh 'Raphael' of Transformers.

10. Custom Volusia

Custom Volusia Valued Member

One of the guys on a motorcycle forum I go to is stationed at the base that they filmed parts of the first one and the second one at. Asked him if they knew anything, but apparently not. :(

11. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

Which has nothing to do with the movie. It's Michael Bay remember? things aren't going to happen like they did Generation 1. The only time they combined was in Energon series, which again, has nothing to do with the Movie.

12. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Did everyone check out the superbowl ad? There was one robot running as some kind of animal (cheetah?) so looks like some crossover with beast wars. And at the end showed a very large robot Prime was fighting, which I surmise is Devasator. Looks prettty good!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  13. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Got to see it, whens it in the cinemas?

14. Ahmad89

Ahmad89 Agent of Chaos

June 2009.

We'll see the official trailer before "Friday the 13th"

15. KFjim

KFjim Valued Member

Not sure there is going to be any beast wars cross over. But i did hear a rumour that some of the mini cassette robots from soundwave will make an appearance of some sort. And i think ravage was mentioned, which would make sense as he is one of the most iconic of all decepticons from the origianl series.

I also think Arcee is going to be in it for the female element.

16. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

i love the stuff coming out about the cartoon and comics. Ah comics..... a treasure i never got to experiance

17. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

That's not Devastator but if the rumors are true however, it would be one of the constructicons.

18. kensei1984

kensei1984 Panda Power!

It is a Constructicon. His alternate mode is a steam shovel.

19. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I believe the cheetah thingy robot might be Ravage. There's rumour that Lazerdisk I mean beak is also in it. :D

20. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I want Soundwave done proper dammit!

Retro-Cassette Sony Walkman! and have everyone laugh at him.

ooh teaser trailer up at

www.apple.com/trailers