Training knives

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by bujingodai, Jan 11, 2015.

1. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Can someone toss me a few good places to buy marking knives.

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

3. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT train with real knives that have sheaths on them, Ive seen that fail horribley.

4. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

LOL, no intentions of that. Been using for a while but really people do that?

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I suspect anyone daft enough to need that advice is too daft to heed it.

EDIT: I'm a big fan of this site: www.takknife.com

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  6. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

I know a BB who was testing for his second or third degree BB, well they couldnt find the training knofe soooo.... Yea they used a real K-Bar and figured it was ok because they had a sheath on it. And since it was a BB test they were going hard and you know what happened at that point.

Trip to emergency room a few stitches and a potentially life threating injury.::Alien:
    The same guy had like three ribs cracked by the same instructor during a routine hip toss btw...I guess ya just had to be there right.

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Please tell me this wasnt Zack?

8. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

9. blindside

blindside Valued Member

I really like the sharkee knives, and some of them come with a "marking edge" if you want to chalk your blades. You can do the same thing with the standard models if you use lipstick or something similar.

I also like these knives, but I don't know how they work as a marking knife.
    http://noktrainingknives.webs.com/apps/webstore/

10. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

I use Nok knives, and you can chalk them so they leave fairly decent marks. I also have Nok machetes, but they're a bit weighty for hard contact...

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

The site I linked has Sharkee and Bogner training blades. (I haven't seen the Bogner ones elsewhere, though I daresay they're out there). In addition to the polycarbonate(?) training blades, two of which I've got.

12. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Nok Knives have quickly become the go to knife for experts wanting a great training tool.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iko5m9qTerM"]Nok Hard Contant Training Knives - YouTube[/ame]

13. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

do you chalk the edges or lipstick them?

14. bouli

bouli Valued Member

Are Nok's still making the Buzzard? Looks like an affordable option t o the shocknife.