Training in the Philippines: how to?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by salami, Apr 26, 2006.

1. salami

salami Banned Banned

^^^^

when, where, how, how long...?

ok to go alone?

2. Cyrax

Cyrax Forever Student

what?

well anyway we have a guy in our class thats from the phillipines he says they love americans there...but for some reason I really think he was lieing lol

3. salami

salami Banned Banned

:confused:

i hear instructors bragging about training in the philippines, so i decided to see for myself...

so how does this work? what is the best place in the philippines to study fma? are they ok with teaching foreigners for money? <<EDIT>>? is two weeks long enough to learn something worth going to the philippines for?

please, inform me

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2006
  4. Dave Joyce

Dave Joyce Valued Member

Oh great another fantastic advertisement for Europeans going to train in the Philippines. :woo:

5. oosh

oosh Valued Member

sounds more like you want to go on holiday and do abit of ermm.... "training" ;) :D

6. weebear

weebear Valued Member

Instuctors dont brag do they, lol. Of course you can learn something in 2 weeks but it all depends on what you want to learn and with what system you want to learn it with. Do you study FMA at the moment Salami? I have just returned from training in PI but I was there for a little longer than 2 weeks. If I can be of any help to you then I will just pm me and ask away.

7. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

hi ;)

may i ask do you have a background in any FMA? MA?

Do you plan to train everyday? or sight seeing in other days :D

Cause the infos will greatly help us help you in your query.

My GM is from Manila, <<Edit>>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2006
  8. shoto-kali

shoto-kali The Chosen One

<<Edit>>

9. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Just a quick reminder

If you have information to give, please give it here so everyone can benefit from it

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  10. salami

salami Banned Banned

background

i have trained on and off for 2 years (i can't train consistantly because my training partners are so lame and irritating, really you have to experience it to understand this) with a teacher that teaches a bit of what he wants, mostly lacoste and lameco, some modern arnis and ikaef. mostly stick work (double and single), rarely knife, never flexible weapon, fair amount of panantukan silat

i don't really know what i want to learn, just good fma what is appropriate for my level, feel free to advise here, please :)

11. stickfan1

stickfan1 New Member

pinoy humour

Philippines is a good place to train...

12. salami

salami Banned Banned

:D fair enough

manila or cebu? what would you do?

13. stickfan1

stickfan1 New Member

check out both! Go to Manila first, because you can fly on from Manila relatively cheap to cebu (around £60).

I am sure Pinoy or the other Pinoy mappers can be your guide as they know manila well... why don't you PM him and ask him if he is available. I am sure he can show you... as long as you buy the beers to say thank you (Pinoy custom).

or just ask Pinoy to take you to Airforce One and buy his drinks if you wish to experience the great night life (discos, nightclubs etc.)!

I will be flying out soon so may join u guys. Need to practice my corto again with a pina training partner, so will probabaly check out Makati;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  14. salami

salami Banned Banned

great idea!

15. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

beers & airforce one?!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

that's too much to handle stickfan1 :p

would you help me on airforce1? salami could leave me there w/ the beers & drinks & i could get mob beacuse i can't afford it :D :D :D

just kidding salami.

If you're in Manila, if /i/we are avail, check Luneta first, try different styles, then decide where you go from there. Heck stickfan1 promises me to teach free sayok, i give him LSAI even am still a newbie ;) , its beers, beers & hopefully gals :Angel:

16. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Hey Salami, Manila or Cebu is your choice. However, I think there are lots of style choices in Manila. Also, Manila being the Capital City of the country, it would be a nice place to go around too... club hopping!

I think it would be cool if you study LSAI so you'll be one of the first in Europe.

17. stickfan1

stickfan1 New Member

There is already a guy in the UK called Glen Lobo...but the more the merrier.

Littlebadboy get no.51 ready in Airforce one... tell her I am partial to sushi and that I'm a big badboy :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  18. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

ei LB, howdy bro, how's the LSAI in UP. Been busy at work & have not trained for 2mos to GM Vic in MArikina :cry:

19. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

can we go to a much cheaper one? the one that there still tickets hanging around your neck, & ticket would cost you 2 pesos :D :D :D

20. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

what's airforce1? what about sushi? :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2006