Trainer tried to kill me! Should I call the police?

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Domestic_Rat, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Domestic_Rat

Domestic_Rat New Member

Just kidding ^_^

Last night though my trainer excersized me harder than ever before cause I'm grading in two weeks. He's like: I'm not gonna be there when you grade, so you'r going to represent me. And I'm not making an ass of myself!

So he makes do pushups untill I couldn't pick myself up anymore. Then I started feeling nautious, but just continued. He made me run and kick till my arms and legs wer'e shaking an unusual lot. I was holding my hands together because the shaking freeked me out. I was like: "Is this ok? SHOULD I be shaking this much?

Later he made me do sit ups and nek-ups (don't know the real name). I was so close to crying. He tells me only fifty more. I'm like: "But I can't... I just... can't. I must add that at that time I couldn't do one more proper sit-up. I then looked at the watch and he says: "don't worry, there's still alot of time" (in an evil way) After another half-hour the hell finally ended. Today I was so stiff I could hardly walk. Now I have to go back on monday, and die all over again.

Ps - I'm eating lot's of eggs hoping I'll be a little stronger on Monday...

2. IrishStomp

IrishStomp Valued Member

Be happy your trainer's pushing you and isn't slacking off just to get your $$$

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I know the feeling. I'm in the states through this weekend and then go back to Kwaj. My instructor I swear pushed us tonight to see just how far we would go before keeling over. By the end of the class I was so dehydrated I stopped sweating. I'll be glad to get out of town......

4. oldman

oldman Banned Banned

and your problem is???
    :confused:

5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I wish I had an evil coach... :cry:

will just have to provide my own evil..

6. Skinnyman

Skinnyman New Member

Sounds like my kind of training, lol! I have my brown belt grading in about a month aswell, so at the moment we are being pushed very hard, its all good preparation.
    How does 125-150 situps sound (dependeing on instrusctors mood, hehe), followed by 100 pushups, thats 50 hold at the top followed by another 50. Then straight into combinations, only called out twice and very fast, 10 reps each, bearing in mind your arms are already numb.
    Combos go on for about and hour, then we finish with a 15-20 minuite cardio blast, running, sprinting, in-out legs, criss-cross legs etc, and then more push-ups and sit-ups.
    All this for and hour and a half with no water break, i've seen steam coming off people in there, absolutley love it though :D

Good luck in your grading dude, you'll be reet!

7. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Be careful what you ask for you might just get it lol.
    lisa xx :D

8. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I think I found him..

Attached Files:

9. julesgrant22

julesgrant22 New Member

Youre lucky!

I got another Grading and The British Championships coming up and I feel Im being left - theres no way Im going to be ready for the competition.

Can I have your coach?

10. Sankaku-jime

Sankaku-jime Banned Banned

i have been going through similar hard training recently, i puked for about 4 weeks in a row,

but not for the last 2 weeks and my fitness is now much better

11. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

LMAO! Dr. Evil.

Ah man, yeah I only went through intense training like that only a few times. that was about it. That happened when my instuctor was in a very bad mood, or when he is really energetic. But he doesn't push us THAT far to do 50 more push ups when we are already tired. Cuz really it would be almost impossible if your arms are already tired to do 50 more. You would at least need a 2 minute break to do 50 more, unless if he does give breaks.

Just a head reminder if you don't feel comfortable, and feel that your body is in real pain don't go to class, or don't do workouts as intensely in class.

It would then screw up your body even more, which you would be more easily proned to getting an injury. Listen to your body, and tell your instructor respectfully, that your body can't take this much.

12. tulsatkd

tulsatkd Valued Member

Those training routines sound pretty intense, although training w/o water breaks is just plain dumb and dangerous. You will benefit a lot more by taking a couple of minutes to sip on some water.

If you are getting to the point that you were you stop sweating, feel light headed, dizzy or you have uncontrollable shaking you might be on the verge of a heat stroke, which is a medical emergency and could possible end your career or even worst your life.

It's good to train hard, but please train safe.

13. b33p.us

b33p.us Member

First of all, is it usual to shake during/after practice? I do a little, sometimes. I thought it's just the adrenaline. Am I right?

If you mean what I think you mean, they're crunches!

Oh, and what does eating eggs do? I have training tonight and I might eat about nine if they're for good use. :p

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Doesn't sound like he's trying to kill you to me! :) Just sounds like good, hard training! Thats the part that makes you mentally strong and gives you the edge; he breaks you down till you feel like crying, and feel like quitting. But rather than quitting, you grit your teeth and push through it.

Though he should give you a quick break or two to drink some water.

That's what helps build the fighting spirit.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  15. kumikaze

kumikaze valved ember

You should kill him back couse now he thinks he can get away with it.

16. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

You're being pushed harder than you could push yourself. Sounds like hell, but you're fitness will shoot through the roof at this rate. I heard somewhere that eating too many eggs can be bad for you. Not sure where and why, or even if it was a legit source though.

17. tulsatkd

tulsatkd Valued Member

It's not really a sign of stroke, but it is a sign that your body has been overworked.
    It is normal to shake; especially after a stenous workout. The combination of increasing fatigue plus excessive force can trigger your muscles to twitch. This is because your brain is telling your muscles to contract and relax at the same time. The shaking should stop shortly afterwards; if not your body is telling you that it was worked to hard.

18. Kyu

Kyu New Member

Sounds awsome....I love a training session like that..keep it up bro

19. b33p.us

b33p.us Member

Now there's an idea. :eek:

20. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Here's an important thing to know

You can simply withdraw or change from the stress that your body is having (fatigue, etc). More so that lots of stress has been a burden on your body to make your muscles go into shock or make them twitch, shake or spaz.

Like as what Tulsatkd said.

Your brain has been working too hard as well, as the blood flows faster with your heart beating faster and harder, as well the breathing patterns increase. As you would notice that your muscles are working so hard that the transfer of oxygen to all of the parts of the muscles can't keep up to the proper transfussion to change O2 into CO2.

That means that oxygen hasn't been fully used up. So in that case you breath in more oxygen faster but not transporting to all parts of the body effectively. Which therefore you would get lightheaded (from not getting getting any proper transfussions from the oxygen) what would solve that problem is gradually progress in exercising, to get more red blood cells to transport oxygen better and to drink plenty of water with the right amount of minerals, etc to keep your blood flowing good, and the right amount of iron... Your throat would be dry or tight from all of the inhaling and exhaling, cold, or very hot dry air.

Breaks with water are definately needed no doubt. He doesn't control your body of how it should work. You control your own body. Extreme effort or work shouldn't be tolerated, if it is done often or frequently.

You can always tell your instructor these things.

If your instructor keeps on working you this hard, even when you told how you felt, there will be no reason to train with him or her in your class, when you know that you would end up that way. Even when you are in pain or shaking afterwards. No need for the torture or getting overworked.

The best idea would be to train at the gym using weights, to gradually build muscle memory, and to decrease your heart rate by going on a treadmill. There are many alternatives to do this rather than your instructor overworking you till you become a dead engine or no good. You need to sustain a good habit for your body, in order for you to take it to a intense step, but not a jump.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005