Tournaments....?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by WorldChampTKD, Nov 23, 2003.

1. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Hey,
    I just wanna know, is there tournaments very often that people like me who don't want to compete (yet) can just go watch? Where would I find out about these, I live in So. California, is there anything ever local? I'd really like to go watch a tournament, I think it'd be cool, I actually found out some info about one here one time, but it fell on the date of one of my belt tests, so i couldn't go. Let me know if you guys know of anything, thanks!
    Jen

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Theres a million tournaments going on all the time. Virtually every weekend there is probably one in Southern Cal. Here in the midwest, the tournament season runs from November or so thru about late april, give or take. Look around, check TKD Times magazine. Look on the internet, I've been going to about one amonth or so, if only to watch or volunteer, they're a lot of fun!!! Welcome to the site, I don't know if I'll post much more, but if you'd like, I'll find some good tournament sites for you, just let me know.

3. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Cool, thanks, yeah, I'd appreciate it if you'd post some good tournament sites for me, I've been searching for something to go to for a long time and haven't found ANYTHING! Any help would be great, thanks!!

4. Kwajman

Here are a couple next Spring...

AAU California State TKD Championship
    Saturday, April 3, 2004
    USF, San Francisco
    Excellent Tournament
    AAU National Qualifier

AAU World TKD Forms Competition
    Saturday. May 15, 2004
    USF, San Francisco
    Should be a Good Tournament
    They like our style of TKD.

5. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Thanks a lot! I dunno if I'll be able to make them because I'm in So. Cali and thats No. Cali, but I'm definatly gonna try to make it, they sound so fun! Thanks again,
    Jen

6. Kwajman

Wasn't sure where you lived. I'll dig up more. I am always looking around for tournaments. So I'll send them when I see them...

7. Yang Dae-han

Yang Dae-han Realising the 'edit'

WCTKD,

I suggest that you just cold-call some schools and ask them about tourney info. The schools that are a bit more established and have a larger student body would most likely have invitations, thus info. on tourneys.

Cheers,

Dae-han

8. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Anybody know of a good, updated site that has tournament listings on it? Thanks!
    Jenny

9. Kwajman

Check on google, just look for tae kwon do + tournaments. It'll get you a good start on where to go. I'll check later to day and post whatever I find...

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

11. Kwajman

Uhm, nevermind, KC sort of covered it.

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member