To all the skinny runts out there - how to really punch with power

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Gyaku, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Tsumetai

Tsumetai Banned Banned

I am literally exhausted by ignorance. Every day... I just want to cry...

or shut the ignorant people up. That'd be more... satisfying.

Don't be giving advice when you don't know what you're talking about. And don't tell people things they already know.

2. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

It's unbelievable that this topic still lives.

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

It's like a cat that won't die, no matter how many times you run it over

4. Tsumetai

Tsumetai Banned Banned

This is still on the home page? =\

5. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

That's a good analogy.

:D

6. kyokutsuki

kyokutsuki Valued Member

? give the man a chance! sure there mite not be anything new there but it all works lay off! Osu

PLYOMETRICS=SPEED AND STRENGTH or good punch
    also relax when hitting, being tense restricts movment and so less power
    Surface area= try hitting directly with first 2 knuckles
    Kiai- shout from within i dont now how it works but it does Osu

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

See what I mean? :bang:

Attached Files:

8. [Capoeira] Mudo

[Capoeira] Mudo Valued Member

So the article says boxers lack technique, then fails to give any hints at technique and gives us a training methodology taken from...boxing.

LOL

9. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

no matter how many times you take it out back and shoot it, it just comes limping back for more...

10. Trick Nasty

Trick Nasty space monkey

There is no need for this to be six pages. Lockplzkthx.

11. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

is that why zab juda and and mayweather are so slow...they hit the heavy bag?

12. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

if small guys tend to be so naturally fast why do olimpic sprinters tend to be so huge?

in the nfl...bo jackson terellel owens anyone

btw personally in highschool...i started lifting ....weight increased 20 lbs...sqaut went from 200 to 400lbs........guess what 100meter time dropped from 12 sec to 11sec

13. Beowolf

Beowolf Valued Member

This thread is funny :D .

Us big people are soooo sloooow. It's terrible. All us bulky people like Mirko Cro Cop and Fedor Emiliankov... so sloooooow :cry: :cry: :cry: .

If I weigh more, and have an equal bf% as my opponent, I'm going to win. Unless the skill difference is ENORMOUS, I'm gonna pound him into the freakin' ground, no matter how "hard" his punches are.

Fast light punches do ****. Fast HARD punches hurt like ****.

If I can knock you over by whistling too hard, it doesn't matter how "fast" you are.

"I use my speed" is the trademark excuse of the super-skinny who refuses to bulk... sigh.

I hope this thread lasts forever... s'good entertainment at 5 in the morning :D .

14. jonwade

jonwade Valued Member

What a great thread. Personally (and i may be wrong ofcourse) I think practice makes perfect. There is no sure way to become a bigger hitter over night. I believe that weight training is important for all weight categories. But no amount of weight training will make you a better boxer, you need to box to do that. And the reason boxing gyms have heavy bags AND speed balls, is because you need to train with both to become a good all round boxer. Besides, you cannot throw each punch with maximum power, or you will be knackered after 2 minutes. Footwork, speed, agility, and the ability to hit hard when needed. I think :) .

Cheers,

Jon.