TKD Kata (hyung) Help

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Hey everyone. The image attached is of Chon Ji. What im looking for is a site that has a cartoonish images of each part of the form like this one image does. I was going to cut out each little image of the guy doing the form out of this but they were just too small. Does anyone know a site that has something like this.

[​IMG]

2. Yudanja

Yudanja Euphoric

Hehehehe.. I wonder where ya got that picture from????? ;)

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

From here ...
    http://www.mindspring.com/~kmai/kmai_students_3.html

Not sure Chazz ...let me check all my links. Can't say I remember seeing anything but this site with "drawn figures".

4. Azeotrope

Azeotrope Valued Member

5. Yang Dae-han

Yang Dae-han Realising the 'edit'

I pray these drawings are not from the ITF, as nearly every one of the "Korean" words is spelled wrong.

I sent Mr. Currell an e-mail (at least, I sent an e-mail to a person whom I thought was Master P. Currell) informing him/her of the errors, and provided correct writing samples.

I never recieved a response.

Oh well.

Cheers,

DH

Oh, Chazz...if you can wait, I made some real nice videos (digital) of me or my students performing numerous forms...I can burn them to the hard-drive and send them your way.

Bad news. You'd have to wait until July of 2005, 'cause they are stored in my storage unit in Korea....and I won't visit home until then. I plan on bringing LOADS of TKD vids (international games to boot!)

but...for your viewing pleasure (though, the quality isn't top-notch..but....)

http://mchenry.homeip.net/TangSooDo/forms/

6. Yudanja

Yudanja Euphoric

No they arent from the ITF. The English terminology used is also incorrect (for ITF purposes at least.)

7. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Hey DH
    The image i attached. Are you saying these are wrong? They dont say Chon Ji and so on???? If not where can i get the correct korean spellings for all the ITF forms?

I would love the digital vids. Please send them to me when you can. July would be fine.

Attached Files:

8. Yang Dae-han

Yang Dae-han Realising the 'edit'

That particular image (written form) is fine...but others are wrong... I've also altered the romanisation to better fit the current ("legal" form implemented by the government in 2000 (?) )....

Sorry, as I said, I rarely visit this board...and just as seldom do I check threads I've posted on....hope you didn't think I ignored your question.

In order to be able to read the Korean script, you can (in Netscape and Firefox) click:

View -> character encoding -> customize or whatever you'll need to do in order to be able to read Korean font(s).

For the sad folk that actually use IE:

View -> Encoding -> same same...whatever you need...

Cheon-jee 천지
    Dan-goon 단군
    Do-san 도산
    Won-hyo 원효
    Yool-gok 율곡
    Joong-geun 중근
    Twe-gye 퇴계
    Hwa-rang 화랑
    Choong-moo 충무
    Gwang-gae 광개
    Po-eun 포은
    Gye-baek 계백
    Eui-am 의암
    Choong-jang 충장
    Juche 주체
    Go-dang 고당
    Sam-il 삼일
    Yoo-shin 유신
    Che-young 최영
    Youn-gye 연계
    Eul-jee 을지
    Moon-moo 문무

If this does not work...just post links to Korean writings and I will tell you if they are correct. I performed a cursory search for a site that would have all names in Korean....no luck, that is, in finding one that had them spelled correctly. That bloody Currell thingy is everywhere!!!!!!

Cheers,

DH

9. Senseiaverywax

Senseiaverywax New Member

Where does Chonji come from?

Hi folks may I please ask a Question! What are the roots of the Chonji kata do you know if it is from another kata?

Thanks in advance Avery!

10. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

As far as aware there is a massive influence from Shotokan Kata in the
    Chang Hon(Chon-Ji) patterns.