TKD belts for MAP signature

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Twimyo Jirugi, Jun 2, 2004.

1. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

Thanks

But the credit and inspiration has to go to the origional poster.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Master . S

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I've linked to your belts in the first post of this thread so others can use them too :)

3. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

Your too kind .
    Hope it all helps. I have the template for these belts in a format that allows for any colour changes requests are taken here no problem .

Master S

4. vismitananda

vismitananda Valued Member

Indeed, a lot of credit for the inspiration of the first poster. :star::star::star::star::star: I'll give him 5 stars. :)

5. TaeKwonDo-Kiid

TaeKwonDo-Kiid Valued Member

hey dont no if you can help but i have gone through the instructions on the 1st post a few times and mine dosent seem to work ?
    when ever i try saving it, it says unable to save and things like that ?

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Check this FAQ page. If that doesn't work, let me know which belt you want (from which post) and I'll sort it for you :)

7. TaeKwonDo-Kiid

hey thank you, well i have just followed that thing, so we'll see if it work's it let me save it this time so, i think it work :D

oh no it didnt hmmmm :/
    can u see the pic did it work, i cant see it my side ?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  8. TaeKwonDo-Kiid

hey, can u help me please i tryed and tryed its not working lol
    im a 3rd degree black belt
    is it possible you could put this as my signature please ?
    http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu219/stoppy247/3danTKD.png

if that dosent work then this is the 3rd degree black belt that the user stoppy made here's the link to the section
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15479&page=12

thanks, please help if you can :)

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

There you go, its sorted now :)

All that was wrong with the code you had in your signature was that there were two "http://"'s in the link to the belt (so it was [noparse]http://http://---belt-link---.png[/noparse]) instead of one so the system was freaking out. All fixed now though :)

10. TaeKwonDo-Kiid

Yay, Thank Youu :D :):cool:

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

No problems :)

If anyone else has trouble with putting a belt in their signature, just shout and I'll help out.

12. TKDragon

TKDragon Valued Member

Just passed my 2nd Dan test over the weekend and came to update my sig. Imagine my surprise to find these new belt images (nothing wrong with the originals but...)

Thank you Master S, these new ones seriously kick!

What program did you make these in?

13. TaeKwonDo-Kiid

yeah i like theese too :)
    there cool

and congratulations on passing your 2nd dan :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  14. TKDragon

TKDragon Valued Member

Thanks! 4 1/2 hours of sheer hell, self defense, weapons and broard breaking routines but worth all the hurt in the end.

15. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

Well done,

My 5th dan test was held over 2 sessions, 1 at my club with visiting Masters and then 1 at a freestyle club to take us out of the comfort zone, as if we were comfortable with 5 hours of mental torture .. But worth it as I really feel like I achieved the grade.

My freind also graded to 4th dan in Hankuk mu do on the second session 4 hours of non stop combinations freesparring (semi contact - itf style) full contact (wtf style) self defense with chokes throws and take downs, combinations for 1 step and three step upto 5th dan combinations and then all the patterns, running back to back and then in order of the panel decision .
    And then finally destruction, although we couldnt do the bricks as the venue management didnt like the idea, so it was just good old 1 inch pine, I had 10 boards.

Loved it .

Master S

16. TKDragon

TKDragon Valued Member

Thank you Sir!

2 sessions? Don't think I could have survived that - too old:eek: Sounds like they gave you a run for your money but for a 5th Dan test that should be expected:cool:. Is your club WTF, ITF or a mixture? Obviously by me sig we are a WTF club.

We started with a quick run thru of the basics for techniques and such, interspersed with all the pattens ( 1 thru 8 then Koryo and Keumgung), combinations, stamina work and then to the fun. We had to come up with our own weapons routine (for me - nunchukus), self sefense (hand to hand and knife) and then our board breaking ( I did 6 breaks - all 1 inch pine). The next day I felt twice as old as I am - ouch.

All in all, I too felt that I earned my rank. Although I still think the best test I had was my 1st Dan test.

17. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

Im not trying to show off, the 2 sessions were not the same,
    Our first session was mostly about theory, and then I had to take a grading panel for a colour belt grading ( sitting and marking) then there was all my patterns and there meanings, and then demonstrating my knowledge by correcting black belts doing the patterns in front,

Our club has many different styles to it, we act as a shelter from all the polical stuff, I started back in 1983/4 under Master Tony Quigley and Darren Calladine, we were part of the British Taekwondo Association (BTA) we were trained to black belt with Master Quigley, Still scares me today thinking about those gradings under him.

I retook my first dan when we moved to Chungdokwan we have trained with many Korean Masters and a couple of Grandmasters. When we moved away from the politcal stuff with the then BTC and BTCB we decided to maintain the traditional WTF tkd style, but have added classes like Han kuk mu do and Free style, as well as jujitsu and Japanese Sword Aaido.

I personally have stayed with the traditional TKD but my brother has trained with some wold class kick boxers and now runs a fintness Kickboxing class as a satalite,

We have our own dedicated Dojang and are quite happy to keep doing what we do in our own way, all we say is we give discipline and fitness, in a warm a caring environment (bit chilly on the mats in winter).

I love hearing of others experiences, although I felt lost after the grading I think it was all the training up to it, and then the crash after that hit me the most, you know the come down after all the hard work.

Any how new goal for the winter, BOX SPLITS .. ouch.. and im not getting any younger, but I have a personal trainer at college well versed in the art of making peoples bodies do things they never thought they could do. (ex army)

All the best keep in touch

Master S ..

18. TKDragon

TKDragon Valued Member

Not getting any younger?... Try it at 44 :)

I know how you feel. I'm in that crash stage right now. Not lost so much but trying to mentally and physically recuperate. Did a number on my hip and need some R&R time to get it to heal.

Although when asked what our sytle is our Master always says "Taekwondo", our lineage from our Grandmaster is Chungdokwan as well. We follow the edicts of the WTF and Kukkiwon repectively but we try to stay out of the political mire as well. We also have a top notch Hapkido program as well.

Best of luck with the Box splits. Take it slow and get it low.

All the best.

19. zip

zip New Member

Sweet!

WTF TKD belt colors vary widely...

In my school it's...

White
    Yellow
    Orange
    Blue
    Green
    Dark Green
    Purple
    Brown
    Red
    Red/Black
    Black

So I'm a few months from advanced level brown belt woot!

20. zip

zip New Member

Try STARTING as a white belt at age 46! OUCH!!! WTF was I thinking??? ...and that does not stand for World Taekwondo Federation! LOL