Tibetan internal art of Boabom

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by dark-angle, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

What a load of BS, a big steaming pile of BS!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  2. xen

xen insanity by design

send us a postcard from shambala, if you address it to...

xen

777 unicorn valley

the lamp-post

narnia

it should find me easy enough.

3. puddlebornvajra

puddlebornvajra New Member

learn Tibetan to know the truth

friends,

if you knew a modicum of Tibetan language, you would understand everything, and instant enlightenment would be close, at least insofar as the notion of "Tibetan" martial arts goes!

peace to all,
    the great puddleborn Vajra

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

what a load of pap... the Tibetan language doesn't somehow magically prepare someone for enlightenment. :rolleyes:

I can respond to anything you want to post... go ahead.. give it a shot... and I'll respond in Tibetan... it still won't mean crap.

Just because I have more than just a mere modicum of Tibetan under my belt doesn't mean that I am somehow any closer to enlightenment than anyone else.

5. xen

xen insanity by design

ok..

1. i thought you were flying out today?

but you just did share it... you've made us aware that there is a 'secret story'.. why mention the things you can't speak about?

that stinks of cheap parlour-trick salesmanship

3. i do feel slightly guilty though, addressing a gentleman born in 1911 in such a direct way.

4. kyag rdzun bshad pa

6. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

A vessel very full, a rim overflowing……….someone please pull the chain or at least hand me the bog brush!

7. puddlebornvajra

Indeed, one should respect one's elders. I am an aged yogi.

I look forward to the response from the Tibetan speaking gentleman. What do you think of the ancient art of Tibetan spearfighting in the verbal transmission lineage of Tulku Gendhun Choephel? Conversely, regarding that lama's practice of tsa lung thigle, why did he so neglect the tsa and the lung, and remain so fascinating by his unique practice of Thigle? Moreover, as a recognized incarnation in the Nyingma lineage, was it the strenuous ethics of his Gelugpa upbringing that were too much for him, or was the art of swordfighting simply something the incarnation was unprepared for?

Alas, swordplay has been the downfall of many a tulku, not to mention many a layman.
    Its really shameless for one who wears the holy maroon robes to engage in such activities, don't you think? I simply can't fathom that.

Now this Bonpo Boabom -- wow I am impressed at the postures they display. They really seem like capable fighters, don't they? I know that an ignorant fool like me (I am only 5'4" 130 pounds, and am age 97) would have been scared to face them even in my prime! Thank god that old age saves me from fistifcuffs these days, not to mention the trouble in pulling off high kicks with my hemorroids. Besides, as Seagal says in the Glimmerman, as a Buddhist "I can't fight." After all, I never learned Boabom, or any of the higher arts.

I do so look forward to your reply, and let's see if you can match my own humor and joy!

in great friendship to all beings,
    the puddleborn vajra

8. puddlebornvajra

instant enlightenment humorously referred to an accurate assessment of the claims to "Tibetan" martial arts. It did not refer to a state of spiritual realization.

Its so marvelous that we can discuss this topic with such humor and love. I thoroughly enjoy it. How wonderful just to mention a name like Tilopa! Kalu Rinpoche says that merely hearing the names of the lineage masters will prevent rebirth in the lower realms for many lives. That's a gift more precious than a high kick.

the great puddleborn vajra
    GrandMaster, Collective Studios of Shaolin EmptyHand Crane Style Ninjitsu (currently being remarketed as the Western Paradise McDojo)

9. puddlebornvajra

so long, farewell, its time to say goodbye

Dearest friends,

It has been a pleasure sharing a few moments of humor with you in this fleeting and illusory show that is samsara. I hope none will take offence at the content of my messages. Clearly, there is no yogi named Kuup Sum Chenpo, nor is there a son named Kuup Nyi Chenpo. The art of Minduk, quite literally, "does not exist." I hope we are not so "crazy" to believe the myths about Tibetan martial arts. There's probably no point in kicking TKD brown belts in the head for fun either!

It was my pleasure to share a few jokes with you, nevertheless.

There are so many authentic martial arts out there...and many real teachers alive. When quality is available, why follow a pretender who claims a "secret" Tibetan lineage that never existed? You'd be better off, quite simply, with an honest boxer.

With great love for all living beings,
    I am, and will likely remain,
    your perpetual joker, the puddlebornvajra!

10. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

Blast and you had us all thinking that you were a 97 year old Tibetan yogi that likes using the internet :rolleyes:

11. puddlebornvajra

the jokes

the moves i practiced referred to pooping fast and talking with dogs.
    i also claimed to have chased away a cow with a long knife (my "secret" story). our style, literally, translates as "does not exist."
    the practitioners, "nyonpas," translate as "crazies."
    the state we aim to achieve, Nyonpa Rangtong, is "empty from its own side of craziness."

those are the jokes. i was just poking fun at this mistaken notion that such a thing as tibetan martial arts exist.

this Boabom, to give my honest opinion, looks fraudulent....and i would put my money on one of those TKD brown belts against a BoaBom master!

radiantly humorous,
    the puddlebornvajra

p.s. I almost forgot to mention that Yogi Kuup Sum Chenpo means "yogi Three Big Butts" and his son's name would be "Yogi Two Big Butts"

12. slipthejab

More like it was an elaborate cover-his-ass move when getting called on whether or not speaking Tibetan brings you any closer to enlightenment.

I frankly doubt whether or not he can even get by in Tibetan let alone talk at length on the abstract.

This entire thread seems like a cross between his creative writing project and a place to wack jizz into his own pocket.

It's bad enough when monks talk like this... but it's even worse when it's some random kid over the internet. :D

13. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

So...um...pretty much...I was right, eh?

14. puddlebornvajra

reply to last two posts

oh you who possess both consummate humility and vast knowledge....would you like the red pill, or the blue one?

love,
    puddlebornvajra

15. puddlebornvajra

"called"

wow i was really called on linguistics and their relation to enlightenment. geez, i had really thought that Lord Buddha only articulated himself in one language, and if you didn't know that language, you were lost in samsara forever. thanks for setting me straight, in your humble and knowledgeable way! here i thought i was the only puddlebornvajra, but you must also be worthy of my name.

p.s. i think you should definitely take the blue pill!

master of White Crane Tibetan Empty Hand Boabom Astral Projection,
    puddlebornvajra

16. slipthejab

err... how did you expect you would come off when you started in talking in psuedo philisophical ramblings and attempting to come off as some sort of yogi or guru.... :confused:

I can sum it up in one word.... phoney. :rolleyes:

17. MadMonk108

Neither pill.

I don't buy into false dichotomies.

18. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

So pudjabornvajra joins up makes up a stupid story that nobody buys for one second to prove that people shouldn't follow exotic stories about Tibetans? Is it just me or is this not rather pointless.

Pudja consider the following:
    1. How many people believed your invented story in the first place?
    2. How many people on this thread were already making the same point?
    3. How many of the people responding to you were suggesting you should stop making up exotic stories?

19. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

When you mentioned the "magic word" then the genie showed up:

http://www.kheper.net/topics/gurus/eastern_gurus_in_the_west.html

In that site you'll find this sentence:

[​IMG]

Of course you're just joking! ;)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  20. MadMonk108

Little late, Dirk.