Things that make you go GRRRRR.... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rhea, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Martial Arts Websites, with contact pages, that do not respond to the e-mails sent from their contact page and they do not return phone calls either...that makes me go GRRRRRRRR

Frodocious and axelb like this.
  2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Indeed!
    And add to that: contact info on a martial arts page that doesn't work! Just today I tried to use the "contact me" on a website, but it doesn't work. So I tried the email -- but it bounced back undeliverable! :mad:

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I think MAP is guilty of having a contact us link that doesn't go anywhere.

We have the option to send the emails to one of the Admin, but you just end up with tons of spam.

People have always managed to contact us either via PM, or even via our FB page.

Maybe other websites have chosen to do the same.

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

LOL, and part 2 -- martial arts groups that don't have PM or FB as means of contact! (I'm going to have to use the old fashioned phone, and actually call them.)

5. Xue Sheng

But in the case I'm talking about, they are not returning phone calls either....this too makes me go GRRRRR

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Had my sons (4 1/2) eyes tested this week and it turns out he probably needs glasses and is, to some degree, colour blind.
    I know it's not the worst thing ever but my wife and I are absolutely gutted for him. Just gutted.

7. Xue Sheng

Had someone make a big issue out of a video conference setup, did a lot of stressing the importance of this meeting, the importance of it going well, the importance of testing prior to the meeting. and offering assistance "Please call me with any problems you may have"..... and end the last e-mail interaction (all prior to the meeting and testing).... I won't be in the day of the meeting..... which by the way would have also been the day of the testing and of course the person called if there was an issue......grrr

8. Xue Sheng

I know its not the worst thing, but I know the feeling, I was rather upset when it became necessary for my youngest to wear glasses all the time

Smitfire likes this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

A lose (not close, I'm not sure about the right term) friend of mine died this morning, just 50 years old, leaving behind a husband, four sons and two dogs.
    She was a wonderful and always friendly person; I never saw her without a smile or a laugh on her face.
    Colonic cancer with metastases in lung and liver, destroyed that.
    Bloody sickness :(

We weren't that close, but I'm still shocked and speechless.
    It's also my first death in my circle of friends; a new experience, I would have been fine not to make.
    It certainly has its benefits to not have friends and hardly know anyone.

10. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

The fact the night vision has the ability to take something as simple as a stuffed Peter Rabbit, and turn it into a demonic bunny, hell bent on feeding on your soul, during the night!!! (aaand, breath!)
    20180727_205348-612x594.jpg

Travess

Monkey_Magic, axelb and Latikos like this.
  11. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

People who drive in the middle lane of motorways at 69.5 mph! :mad:

12. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

My refrigerator dying.
    Awesome weather (yes, I am a pervert, I love the 30C°+!), but the fridge is dying.
    What it calls "cooling" is more like a dying breath.

Well, it's still from my Granny and according to a homepage I found it's older than 35 years, what I find hard to believe, but would explain why there aren't any information on the model.
    If that's even remotely true, there would have to come a new one either way.

Also: Whooping cough!
    I might actually have managed to get whooping cough a second time.
    So far it's only a possibility (a blood test wouldn't help, since I already around like six or seven (five or six??) years ago, but it certainly feels *very* similar and different to my normal coughing fits. If the cough is still there in two weeks, I will get X-rayed. Oh the fun.
    I even had to vomit slightly already due to the coughing.
    So annoying!
    But so far it's not as bad as the first time. More like the way, my Mom used to have it, when I infected her back then.
    The coughing is very, very taxing; same with sleeping (or the lack of it); but I can go outside and don't feel like dying - which is something that was impossible the first time.
    The first time I spent three months in my room (well, flat. I used the bathroom) or at the Docs (all now and then to check in), another month where I scarcely left my flat and two more months, where it was about getting strength back.
    Therefore I am *so* happy, I might have it again!
    Not at all paranoid or anything!
    Totally relaxing!
    I want an emoticon that's going crazy!

13. Xue Sheng

Things that make you go GRRRRR....

My stupid left hip

14. Xue Sheng

Things that make you go GRRRRR....

Self-serving, disingenuous, people who come up with lame excuses to back out of agreements just because someone offered them more money someplace else to do the same exact thing

15. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Bloody injuries, Still having some issues with my rota cuff after my competition injury last year, No problems with movement and ROM but notice I am still stronger on my other side when lifting weights or doing exercises like chin ups which I struggle with now. Really annoyed me this morning when training. Guess some of it is that I am getting older and injuries are taking longer to heal....

pgsmith and Frodocious like this.
  16. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

A slighty elderly woman, yesterday.
    Made me wish to punch her in the face, and not in a nice way.

I cross the street with my dog (obviously a pure five and half month killer; after all he has the height of a cocker spaniel now), making sure he walks in the straight line, because on the other side he threw himself on his back and rolled around.

I didn't even see it at first, but a friend of mine, who was there with her two dogs as well, suddenly yelled at this... person: Do the one time!

And then I saw it: The woman was aiming with a pepper spray, hidden behind her purse, at my half-puppy.
    I really am a quiet and polite person, but that had me angry in no time. Would she have done anything, I'm afraid I would her shown her how the spray worked.
    Doggie was maybe half a meter away from me, on his leash, doing nothing at that moment* and she threatens do hurt him, without saying anything?
    Yeah, dare actually do something like that :mad:

*a few minutes earlier he barked at a father with two kids passing (around 20 or more meters away; but not in an aggressive way), but even than, he just stood there and sat down during it.

Seriously: Do that, when you get attacked by a dog of a certain size - okay (personally, I'd be scared to make it more aggressive, but never mind that).
    But doing that to a pup, that crosses the street? - this *might* make me a "little" angry!

17. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

:eek: I cannot believe some people, so aggressive and violent for no reason :(
    They must have some nasty issues to be spraying dogs like that.

Latikos likes this.
  18. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

She claimed to have said, I'd have to hold him closer but I swear to God, I didn't hear her say anything, before she got yelled at! (Besides, as mentioned, he was maybe 50cm in front of me, which is rather close).
    If people are scared of dogs or even mine in particular - I'd hold him close to me, right next to me even, no problem.
    Fear is fear, whether I'd get it or not, and I respect that; in no way, I would have my leashed dog get a close to a scared person.

Seriously, I have no idea, what I would have done, if she actually had used the spray.
    But I'm afraid, it wouldn't have been a handshake.

axelb likes this.
  19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Awesome: I also learned, that the father of a friend of mine died today, after battling cancer for two years.
    I have no idea what to say (or write; we're talking via WA at the moment) to him, that doesn't sound stale :(

20. Xue Sheng

Things that make you go GRRRRR....Dentists

Bracket fell off on my youngest's new braces.......and my dentist put a new crown on my tooth that does not fit right and I cannot chew anything.
    All happened yesterday......so...I'm on the phone soon to see what is going to happen...TODAY!!!!