The PFS "civil" war

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Hannibal, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

A lot of people have asked me about my recent departure from PFS/DOM. I have kept quiet for one reason and another, but the whole affair is no a matter of public record.

Our Internet cousins Bullshido have released the following and I share it with you in the interest of keeping you in the loop

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116849

There is another thread with an alarming video too that should give insight into my reasons for leaving. Now, as then, I am with Sifu Harinder Singh Sabharwal in this, but I still wish no ill on Vu or PFS

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Wow just wow. Vunak always came across as a little eccentric but I never took him for being quite so loco. I'd have left the org too if I was you.

3. Hannibal

It was not easy but did not require too much thought either

The art I teach & practice remains Contemporary JKD - I just teach under a different banner.

4. SuperSanity

SuperSanity The Hype

Jeez. I'm sorry to hear about that, I still respect Vunak's skill, but... Jeez.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Do other sports have this kind of insane politics, or is it unique to martial arts?

This kind of madness just seems to happen a lot in MA organisations.

6. Caleb Demarais

Caleb Demarais Valued Member

Got to admit, Vunak did look a bit nuts in his videos. This just confirms it. Maybe the guy needs professional help?

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Thanks for the link Hannibal. Can't believe such nasty things were said, at such a high level, I really thought people would be mature.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Never go into business with someone you want to remain friends with.
    Seems an apt rule to live by.

9. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

I learned it the hard way. It's very true.

10. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

politics..

11. JKDJoe

JKDJoe Valued Member

Yes, our school will be following Singh as well.

Edit: I just realized who you are over at Bullshido, Hannibal.

12. Hannibal

I am not too difficult to find.....:)

13. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

That is truly some crazy goings on. I have been a witness to some splits within martial arts groups before but not with this level of ugliness.

Btw, love your avatar over there. Very cool....

14. Hannibal

This is the most public split PFS (and by extension Vu) has undegone...and I do not think it will end well for the org

Vu is still a fierce fighter, but it saddens me that what could have been so great - and was for a while - has been ****ed away. He needs help in my opinion and I hope he gets it

15. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Sorry to hear Hannibal. I wish you well in your new endeavors.

16. Hannibal

It is starting to settle down a bit, but with the threats against Singh, and also other instructors, as well as some other VERY nasty issues with another colleague of mine, the choice was obvious.

Singh is still teaching PFS/CJKD, but also the Jun Fan JKD aspects and the physical culture and development.

The new association is the "Jeet Kune Do Athletic Association" - not quite as snappy to abbreviate sadly, but the I have been privvy to the syllabus and program and it is VERY exciting! I am hosting Singh for the Candian seminar in November which is a big thrill for me.

17. JKDJoe

JKDJoe Valued Member

3 of our instructors are at Singh's first seminar based on the new cirriculum down in Florida right now.

18. Hannibal

I wish I could have made that - John R is always a blast...so much so I was texting him whilst drunk last night because I couldnt make the seminar! Luckily he was a little drunk too so it made for an interesting exchange....Singh was probably shaking his head at teh pair of us

19. JKDJoe

JKDJoe Valued Member

I wish I could too. The 3 guys that went were the 2 chief instructors and one of the assistant instructors (like me). Unfortunately, having a full time job and wife and kids makes it hard for me to just up and go. The 3 of them already are planning to attend several more of his seminars this year.

20. UrbanDaoist

UrbanDaoist Valued Member

Vu never cared for an org, just for the money. I would go as far as saying, that it was Singh that buildt DOM, with the help of Vu´s reputation as a fighter.

I´m sure that Singh will be able to dublicate it. As for Vu, he will slip into oblivion thanks to his own very large ego, he has screwed so many people over the years, so who cares..