The ninjutsu authentication debate

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by ShadowCat13, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowCat13

ShadowCat13 notaninja

The few people here that have been here a while might remember me. I've been coming here for well over a year. The reason I stopped was that it's become this huge debate.
    A piece of paper or lack there of proves VERY little. And wtf has the xkans done to any of you people?

I'll be blunt i first came here hoping to find out if the xkans are legit. But i never bothered screaming about papers and history. I just listened and asked simple questions about training styles. And hoped to get in touch with someone training it. It's just not so important to me that I'm willing to take money my family needs to make over a 100ml trip.

But I'm sick of seeing all this 'you're not real ninjas' BS.
    Putting people down doesn't raise your self it only seams that way. And it's only impressive to idiots.

further more call me what you will but what combat skills I've learned came from a past life. But i refuse to tell people what it is. all they need to know is i enjoy sparring and i can do it very safely. I have sparred with bare hands,quarterstaff's, nunchuku(not foam),bokkens, sabres, claymores, katanas, wakizashi, ninjatos, bo staffs, and other weapons I'm sure i forgot about. And not once have i hurt anyone sparring.

And ques what, no piece of paper or video can prove or disprove any of that. But if you met me and sparred with me you'd have to admit that there's no way i could learn what i know from movies or books.
    This is my point. If it's that important to you and it shouldn't be, go to a dojo and watch, listen, sparr. Make a conclusion for your self and go on.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  2. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

My conclusion? You need to re-edit that brain fart again...And possibly once more after that..

Good stuff by the way...Not sure what any of it really meant, but it's nice to see a stream of random consciousness once in while..

Thanks for stopping by.. :rolleyes:

3. Cathain

Cathain Lily Lau Gar

So......you were a ninja in a past life then?........

What's your point, caller??!?!?! :D

4. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I remember that avatar at least.

Seriously, this topic has been done to death. I think if you have more to add to the debate then there's plenty of more recent threads going on the subject already. There's one on the go in the General MA section actually.

5. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Here we go on the merry-go-round again....

I predict we dont get past page 2.

6. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

For what it's worth...

A lot of good stuff, a lot of pointless, evil, nasty s**t as well.

You're sick of the fact that there aren't any ninja around anymore? Tough luck, the stopped making my favorite candy in the early 90's.

Let me take a wild guess - you used to be a viking?

Please?

Maybe not, but here's one for you - if you are all-powerful, that also means that you are able to create a stone heavy enough that you can't lift it yourself.

No, but I could contrast your movements with what we know to be true of 15th century Japanese combat, for instance.

7. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

oh god barf.

Again... Ninjutsu is a lighthouse in the middle of a retarded sea. The lighthouse must read:

"Give me your demented, your insane,
    Your retarded masses yearning to be free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
    Send these, the immature, the samurai wannabes to me,
    I lift my ninja-to beside the hidden door!"

8. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

ROFL!!!!!!!! Whew..okay...okay...

Me too, looks like a drawing my 8 year old brother would make of the Crow lol. or maybe Sting.

9. ShadowCat13

ShadowCat13 notaninja

no I'm sick of people trying to discredit the xkans. They tend to say retarded things like you're not real ninjas.
    actually the long boats and weaponry ect does seem awfully familiar but i think i was in Brittan at that time. But that's one of those things that doesn't really matter.

yeah 4 bags of cement and some water oooooooo

well that would be a nice change of pace. I'm tiered of holding back so that i can have something of a challenge.

I don't expect you to believe me. In fact if you did i wouldn't think much of you. I actually expect you to laugh about it and go on. It kind of popped out due to frustration. And i really don't know what ma i know it's just there.

MY main point is that when i first came here there were more threads about experiences in and out of the dojos and less petty debates on whether some group was legit or not. It would be nice to see that again.

10. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Well, I haven't met any ninja in the Bujinkan after ten years.

That's right, what matters is that you get along well with your parents.

You mean, you'd have a hard time explaining in what manner high kicks and nunchaku were employed on medieval battlefields?

At least you give the impression that you believe it. :D

Me? Go on? Shows what you know.

11. Banpen Fugyo

Groups that arent legit deserve to be called out. And with the nutjobs running loose recently, theres not much "experience in a dojo" to talk about.

12. ShadowCat13

ShadowCat13 notaninja

I would really hope not that died out long ago. I think around the same time as the samurai. But i'm not a historian.

Actually there were flails that looked and worked just like nunchaku.

i got tiered of reaching for reasons not to.

13. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Here's one - Occam's Razor.

14. Banpen Fugyo

lol....

15. ShadowCat13

ShadowCat13 notaninja

Even then those threads were around and that's fine. But now it's almost all of them. And most are over the xkans.

And i know that there are no more 'real' ninjas. That's what makes the statement retarded.

And I'm 29, I've been sparring since i was 5. I got over the jump kicks and high kicks when i was 13. And i first came here looking for a dojo near me so that i could spar with them. And the nearest one is over 100mls away. I have three kids and a gf to support. Sparring mite be my favorite pass time but it's not that important. But anyone living in MO USA that wants to meet me, that would be fun.

16. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Ok folks, can we make a point out of this arguement? I'll wait til morn then do something with it otherwise. Nothing is coming out of this that makes any sense.

17. ShadowCat13

ShadowCat13 notaninja

But why does it need a point? It's not enough that it's fun?
    And i was so hoping someone would take me up on the meeting. sigh

18. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Having fun would be having a disucssion of the cheeziest Ninja movie is. Baiting a discusssion on the validaty of a style etc etc, is just that.
    PM someone if you wish to meet them

locked up for having no purpose whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.