The Kuk Sool Global Alliance

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Ki_Power, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Onatop

Onatop Valued Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OUR KUK SOOL BROTHERS AND SYSTERS.

Onatop

2. Saja

Saja Valued Member

Same to you and all our other Mappers. Have an awesome Christmas and a very healthy New Year.
    Rudy

3. Saja

Saja Valued Member

Same to you and all our other Mappers. Have an awesome Christmas and a very healthy New Year.
    Rudy

4. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

thank you, sirs and ma'ams! have a merry christmas and a bright new year!
    may the best of your past be the worst of your future.

5. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

6. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

Why is it, if there are members on here that are part of the KSGA...why do you not post on there?

Are ya CHICKEN?

7. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

lmao ooooh! liam just called you out! ^^

8. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

I don't know about the rest Liam, but as for myself I am just too busy training to spend time posting on numerous forums. Though generally it is probably a kind of CHICKEN and egg situation. If not many people post then not many will think it worth posting so not many people will post.......

9. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

so....
    does anyone know why UMSF or any of the other Kuk Sool Schools (Davenport, Pasadena, Austin, etc.) has not yet signed up under the KSGA? seems a tad strange that these people are so set on not putting a step foreward for some kind of unity...

10. WalkInPeace

WalkInPeace Valued Member

Why would a school that was fed up with organizational difficulties want to jump straight into another organization? Why does there have to be an organization for unity, or for schools to train together?

11. Dragonkarma

Dragonkarma Valued Member

exactly !

For example, schools that left the WKSA largely didn't want to be a part of ANY organization. I don't know why people think that joining another organization would somehow be any better for them.

It took the WKSA 50 years to grow their association. many of the folks that left won't be here in 50 years unless it's in a nursing home.

There is a faction that HOPED to pick up these schools in their own organization. Ha ha ha ha ha .

12. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

let it be known that our kwan didn't put forth any effort to have anybody join us. BWOOhahahahaaaaaaaaa (that was my condescending laugh)

13. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

btw...that was a joke. we never asked anyone to join us, and the laugh is something i have been working on since third grade.

14. Saja

Saja Valued Member

Perhaps people don't realize that Global Alliance is NOT an organization akin to most. From where I stand, the KSGA is an alliance where like minded people can enjoy practice without making a commitment. Do I read this wrong?

15. Saja

Saja Valued Member

FWIW. NKMAA also does not chase members. My view on membership is simple... if people WANT to be part of what we do, fine; however, I have steered good people to other organizations more than once. IMHO, no sense joining NKMAA if there is someone closer by who can take care of you :)

16. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

No Saja, I'm sure you didn't read it wrong. As I too understand it, the KSGA is NOT a membership organisation in the same sense as being in the WKSA - there are NO FEES to be paid for a start! As I see it, it exists simply as an 'Alliance' (just like what it says on the box!) for like-minded martial artists (some of whom may well be independents) to come together in brotherhood (sisterhood too if you like!) and friendship, etc.

17. Hyeongsa

Hyeongsa The Duelist

exactly my point: its just a networking site (i think that has been established up, down, and sideways. lol)

so, why have these other schools/groups not joined in hopes of continuing their pursuit of training, education, and brother/sisterhood? it would be a better show of faith, IMHO. i really don't see why someone would not want to extend the open hand of friendship on a simple networking site.

18. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

There is a kind of mentality that seems to think that having an organization somehow compensates for commitment, seasoning, understanding and vision. I get the feeling that its rather much a variant on the theme "if we build it, they will come".

People sometimes ask me about the nature of a KWAN since I still strive dilligently to adhere to this model. The best example I can give is to recommend reading "Holographic Universe". In Michael Talbot's book, he rather clearly describes how a holographic experience, regardless of how many times it is divided yeilds an exact representation albeit smaller of the larger whole. This is different than say, when one cuts a normal system in two wherein the result is a loss of one half of the whole to each of the resulting two halves.

In the case of a KWAN, an international "KWAN" is still based on a model. Each smaller regional group is based on those same principles and operates as a distinctly separate scaled-down replica of the larger entity. Each individual school is like wise a "mini-international organization as well as a mini-regional organization. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

19. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

And as I see it, this is the beauty of KSGA. Maybe you could find a like-minded MA studio closer to you than you might have imagined, if more of the kuk-sool based MA studios would just bite the bullet and enroll (like Pugil said, it doesn't COST anything). :thinking:

20. Saja

Saja Valued Member

I can surely see the value in having the alliance, as it allows us to network. For some, it may even mean training with others, and the cost is very reasonable lol.

Alas, it is like so many other things... people are tardy in commitments of any kind, even if it IS free.