The iPod eedjit

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by johndoch, Mar 7, 2006.

1. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I am thinkin about buying an iPod, but am unsure about how good the product actually is.

I have a few questions before I buy one and would be grateful for any answers.

my questions are:

1. Can I put my CDs onto an iPod?

2. Can I organise music files so that two different users can have separate settings(or different filepaths???) ?

3. Is an iPod worth the money or is there a cheaper alternative that provides the user with loads of memory and a better user interface?

Any other comments are appreciated

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  2. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

I've got a 4th gen pod, the black and white version not a fancy colour or video 1. 20 gig memory on the ikkle white shiny thing. I have had a play with the nano and the new video i pod and all are as good as each other, although the screen is a little too small to bother watching vids on in my opinion on the vid i pod.

1. Yeah you can stick your cd's on the thing, i tunes the software that comes with it can rip cd's to the pod.

2. It can organise thru a few catogaroies, songs, albums, artists and playlists. Playlists give the option of user specific choons.

3. There are loads of alternatives, some cheaper some dearer, i personally really like the i pod interface, the click wheel is genius. I have had cheaper mp3 players, but my favourite is the i pod.

3. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Cheers mate

Can I put any mp3 file I download from the net onto an Ipod?

4. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Yep, can stick any mp3 on it. Even the ones that some naughty people may get without paying for. Although i assume that you would buy all the mp3's you stick on yours, as i do.

5. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Cheers Stan

I have have been doin a bit of research on it but the more I look into it the more Iam looking at Sony but the common consensus is that Sony's software is poor. :confused:

6. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

The fact that many web comics portray Sony as being similar to hell has always put me off them.