The Global Warming Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by David Harrison, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Back in the 1800s, people really believed that God would not let one of his creatures become extinct. That's you right now. "Natural" is not a scientific hypothesis. We know through the laboratory that CO2 acts as a greenhouse gas. We have data in the papers I have shown you demonstrating that it is acting as a greenhouse gas. We have documented a 40% rise in CO2 levels in the past 30 years. I don't know what dots you need connected anymore, it seems like you're being willfully ignorant at this point.

3. philosoraptor

CO2 retains a fraction of the heat. Not all of it. Reread the link that David Harrison posted.

4. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

If you read full article, it proves why there is no link between co2 levels and global warming.

It is past history, pretty simple.

5. philosoraptor

Sigh, no it doesn't and no it isn't. Again, look at the data I've shown. That graph demonstrates the relative contribution that CO2 makes when compared to other greenhouse gasses. Your understanding is literally below elementary on this subject; I don't know what form of science education failed you, but I'm sorry it did. Good luck, try reading papers an actually grappling with the material, it will reward you.

6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Does it get as cold as space in the shade?

Like, -150°C, or -240°F cold?

A speech does not prove anything. That's what experiments and studies are for.

7. SaintDomingo

SaintDomingo Valued Member

I'll admit to only skimming the article but I didn't see any PROOF that you claim.

Usually when referencing something (at least in my university), you should give a quote or give an idea as to where about from the text you are referring to.

I am genuinely interested as to why people still contest global warming.

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Way to go there, Einstein.

I'm convinced.

9. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

You don't seem to know much about insulation, heat travels through air, a little slower through co2, the earth is heated by the sun which gives of radiant heat and is a heat sink .,
    But the air heated from the earth rises up and is not being accumulated at the upper atmosphere and keeping everyone warm.

Read the whole article of the green peace guy and show me proof that what he said is not true.

No correlations between CO2 levels and global temperatures.

10. David Harrison

Are you saying that the atmosphere does not trap heat in any way? If the earth had no atmosphere, it would be the same temperature it is now?

11. SaintDomingo

SaintDomingo Valued Member

Or you could show proof of what he said IS true?

12. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

13. philosoraptor

14. philosoraptor

I have demonstrated the effects of CO2 insulation. Shall I do it again?

[​IMG]

Do you need me to turn it up?

[​IMG]

Now for the correlation between CO2 and global temperatures.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  15. David Harrison

Attached Files:

16. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

17. David Harrison

18. philosoraptor

This isn't really a discussion if you do not respond to previous points; more a game of whack-a-mole. Do you see now what is meant by a greenhouse gas and why CO2 functions as one?

19. Robinhood

Robinhood Banned Banned

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcYLqbArS8"]Lord Christopher Monckton - Follow The Money - 10th ICCC - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the shorter version, of the claimed 97% that the sheep follow.... cheers.

20. David Harrison

"Follow the money."

*WHACK!*

"Follow the money."

*WHACK!*

"You're the missing link."

*WHACK!*

"Follow the money."

:rolleyes: