The Arnold 2007

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by BentMonk, Mar 1, 2007.

1. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

Greetings all. I will be headed to Columbus, Ohio this weekend to compete at The Arnold Fitness & Martial Arts Festival. I am competing in the non-disabled open karate division. I chose this event because the rules are set up the same way I spar in class. I also plan on doing another full contact exhibition match with my good friend Ron Mann, and attending a seminar on MA and people with disabilities. I'll let you guys know how it goes and hopefully post some pics and or video.

2. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

best of luck to you

3. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

Thanks

Thank you.

4. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Arlovski will be there at the Met-Rx booth. it'd be a cool day.

5. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Sounds like a lot of fun. My Sensei is going up as well. Unfortunatly I could not get off enough from my shop to go.

6. Mark Cotton

Mark Cotton Valued Member

I usually go. I always have a great time introducing my kids to the competitors and other I know in the industry.

Well, life is changing. We're not going this year. I'm taking my older son to Florida to look at a university. Fill us in and let us know how it is!

7. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Let me just say Welcome to Florida to you and yours!

Let us know how your seminar goes and what the latest news is! Have a great time and good luck!

8. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Good Luck to you and all of your buds that go with you.

Kew-Do

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

good luck, have lots of fun and don't forget to tell us all about it. :)

10. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

A Good Time

I had a great weekend. There were a few bumps along the way though. The wind was so cold and strong that it made walking outside a very uncomfortable experience. We had no hot water at the hotel the first morning. My friend Ron Mann didn't make it. The UFC was using Nationwide Arena, so all of the booths and competitions were held at the convention center. This caused unbelievable crowding. There was good stuff too. I met Valery Fedorenko. He is a world champion kettlebell lifter. I may get into sport KB lifting. I learned some very useful ground techniques at the disabled seminar, and met some great people. I got to go to UFC 68 for free. Randy Couture is the man. I won second place for sparring. I also got to spend the weekend with my two best friends. All in all, not a bad way to spend a few days. :D

11. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

well, in that case i'm glad you had such a wonderful experience :D