Thanks to all Members !

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Andy Murray, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Well, here it is, my 1,000th post.

I've been deliberating over this post for an hour now, but I guess the best thing I can do, is to say thankyou;

Thanks to all the members who have interacted with me, put up with my ascerbic humour and probing questions.

Thanks to Cooler and Ghostsuit in Admin. for putting up with my rants and tantrums.

Thanks to Chazz, Waya and Melanie, my co-conspirators, for making this website everything it is today, and for dragging people kicking and screaming, from all corners of the globe to join the site.

Having joined the site back in July 2001, I have been fortunate to see the membership grow from 12 members to 500. This is simply amazing, and I know when I review the statistics next year we will have yet more dedicated members again.

Where once I felt a personal responsibility, to challenge people, and promote conversation, starting threads and varying the tempo of debate, I now find myself almost superfluous, a member once more.

The most heartening thing of all, is that when I joined the site, I thought that communication from one style to another was intellectually/philosophically impossible, yet I now find myself welcomed in other styles or codes of practice. I can contact any member on the site and say "Hey, can I come train with you tonight?" I've now done this a few times, and have never been refused. I find myself with a new mission though;

Having been held back by injury and misfortune in the last year, my desire to learn has never been greater, all thanks to the people of this forum. As my health resumes, I need to 'shut up, and get on with it'.

It is with no small amount of trepidation and sadness, I wish to declare that now it's time for me to spend less time with you people online, and more time on my personal development in the Arts.

While you will still see the occasional 'quip' from me, and my role as moderator remains as given, I leave it to you, the members, to continue building the good will between the arts the site has demonstrated thus far.

This feels like the farewell speech of Bilbo, a character in Tolkiens 'Lord of the Rings. So before I slip on my magic ring and dissapear, I'll leave you with his words;

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien"

Love and respect to all!

Andy

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

This is not the beginning of the end ...just the end of the beginning....

Don't stray too far.

thanks

Fraser

3. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

WoW Andy....You make us all feel so special....I think I feel tears coming now:cry:

Seriously though, It won't be the same with you not on as much anymore....

Good luck in your martial arts development

And I guess I can tell you, that I view you as a MAP father figure to me:cry:
    He He.....Yoda too, but he doesn't know it;)

But back to my sobby eyes:cry:
    wow, your a great speach maker:D

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Big respect out to Andy for all his work on MAP, with your new routine starting up I hope to see you 'in the flesh' more.

Happy hunting in your goals Andy! If any MAPers can help you, all you need do is ask.

Best of Luck,

Colin

5. waya

waya Valued Member

Andy,
    It's been a fun ride the past year... Don't you go straying too far, unless it's straying to the states, then you better stop for a drink or 12 :D lol.

Good luck in the return to your path in the arts.

Rob

6. Spike

Spike New Member

Is this actually just a polite way of saying you`re sick of us?

If MAP had not had Andy Murray we would have needed to invent him

7. Jim

Jim New Member

You're going? I'll believe it when I don't see it... ;)

8. Cain

Cain New Member

Noooooo please don't go you have so much left to teach me :cry: :cry: And so many more jokes to tell :D

Congragulations sir I have always respected you on Map and still do :)
    |Cain|

9. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW ANDY!!!

Me and you are really just getting to meet each other. I wish I'd known you better since I'd first joined, because you brought alot of humor 2 me through the pmz. I still owe you. lol.

Hopefully, me and waya will make it. hehe:love: He's so purdy!!! I think?!:confused:

Cut all the jokes, on a serious note, I'm gonna miss you, dont be a stranger to us Map members. I wish you the best in the Arts. So long pal!!!

10. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Andy will always be part of the site, he has done a lot for the site and he continues to do so, so you might not hear from him so much but he will still be here. Andy has been with us since the start and will no doubt be with us till the end he cant get away that easily :D

Cooler

11. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Not known you long Andy but its been a pleasure debating stuff with you!

Hope your training goes well and most important injury free.

You've got to stay a fairly active member for the sake of your fans ;)

Or do what I did and get a job where you can spend all day talking on here :D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2002
  12. Spike

Spike New Member

Quote:
    "I wish to declare that now it's time for me to spend less time with you people online, and more time on my personal development in the Arts."

Does this mean you`re going up a mountain somewhere in Tibet to study with some wizened old man?

13. morphus

morphus Doobrey

RESPECT SIR!

14. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available