[Thailand] Nk's Random Thai Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by NaughtyKnight, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I'm just trying to work out how many drinks & at what stage I found out :eek:

2. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Dude, you know you'd do her stone cold sober;). The most likely scenario is that you would never find out. ;). You get to remain innocent :D.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

:love: :love: :love: Does this mean I get to go clubbing at 40?

4. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

5. NaughtyKnight

Its Thailand, you are a kid compared to some of the guys out grinding on the dance floor with 23 yr old glamours. ;).

6. NaughtyKnight

Dai= Yes, when you are agreeing to someones request. For example, "Can you pick me up". When they just want a yes or no answer, for example "Do you like muay thai" then you would said Chai.

To say no, you add mai to the front of either. Mai Dai, or Mai Chai.

Som nam na= Thats what you get for doing that. For example: If you told someone that you have a massive hangover from getting so drunk last night, they would say "Som nam na".

7. NaughtyKnight

Pai Lao= I go now.

8. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Laow=a word used to describe something in the past tense,
    ie..bai laow=ive gone already,or im laow=im full already.

geng=good at,ie poot thai geng=speak thai good,or
    nak muay geng=good at boxing.

sapson=confused.

one of my teachers favourites is..payayarm=try,he always said payayarm payayarm payayarm=try try try. :)

9. NaughtyKnight

Thanks for that dude. I dont want to be the only one contributing.

10. NaughtyKnight

Set Laow= I've finished... :p

11. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Your welcome NK,sometime i forget to look all the way down to this thread,i think its a good one though.

Its 3am in the morning in UK and i got toothache so im just keeping my mind off the pain! :)

12. NaughtyKnight

Zeed Loi- To moan out loud about something you want.

13. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Good one NK,i hadnt heard that before.
    how about gin jup jip=to eat and talk :)

14. NaughtyKnight

Pom do laow= I saw it already.

15. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Pom mai hen=i cant see.
    Pom mai dai yin=I cant hear. :)

16. NaughtyKnight

Kun Suay Gern Pai na Khrup

"You are too beautiful for me". Becareful using this. You might just get dragged into the back of the bar and raped for being too sweet :p.

Pom Rak Kun Tee Sud Loi Na

Extremly strong way to say "I love you".

Pom Poot Passaa Thai Di Nit Noi Khrup

"I speak a little Thai"

Kun Poot Passa Sawaan di khrup

"You speak the language of the angels" :p

I'm actually going to stop writing out the Thai. I've learnt that if you learn a language through anything but listening, you speak it with an Australian accent (in my case). The best way to learn a language is to listen and repeat back.

I can now speak ALOT of thai. I can have conversations and apparently my accent is fluent. Too bad I only know 10% of the Thai language but I'm getting there ;). Next language is Japanese me thinks.

17. Interest

Interest New Member

Sawatdee Khrup!

Yin Dee Tee Dai Rue Chi Khrup.

Kun pud thai dee khrup.

Leo-Leo! Peng Mhao.

18. Interest

Interest New Member

Ga-Toi = ladyboy. They're pretty cute,...watch out, you can't tell some of them apart. That's also why you're best to follow pop's advice to keep your peter in your pants. Besides, you don't want any gifts that continue giving.

I've got an interesting story about being in Bangkok during the elections last year.

I was in Thailand with my girlfriend in the spring of '06, we were ther for Thai New Years. (Songkran) We didn't know the elections were the following week so we had a big surprise.

So since it's election time in the city of Bangkok, which means that you can't buy liquor anywhere because it's againt Thai law to sell liquor or beer on the day of and before elections.

We're wiggin out, needing to get our beverage on. We find a little tuk-tuk driver who says he knows a place that sells liquor. He says "Come, I bring you, you see, very good, I show you for very cheap"

[​IMG]

So me and my girlfriend hop in and start heading into what looks like a pretty shady part of town. We're pretty much preparing to get jumped or robbed just by the creepy feel of things....not that I'm a pessamist, but somethign didn't feel right.

[​IMG]

He turns around and says "very good show, you see ping pongs and the girls play the flute in their pee-pee, very good show".....we're thinking What the eff? So we figure out he's not bringing us to a bar, but a sex show place.

When we get there there is security at the door, we go in, it looks like a little cafe setup, but around the corner are some stairs. We go upstairs and it's a little club/lounge area, have to pay a ridiculous cover, but they say it includes a free drink. We get our drink, then get ushered into another room with a stage. When we walk in there's a Thai girl who looked like she couldn't have been over 16, and she just swaying back and forth on stage like she's dancing, only never picked up her feet and never smiled. Totally emotionless. Another girl comes on stage, and starts shooting ping pong balls out of her junk into cups placed on the stage, then a girl walks up and sticks a whistle in her junk, blows the whistle....then a girl walked around handing out balloons to people and told them to hold them up high, then the child-looking girl comes back on stage and she blows darts out of her **** and they fly out and sometimes pop the balloons, and sometimes riccochet off and hit people. ****ing Nuts,.....then some dude comes on stage and starts ****ing her in the ass from every position imaginable, including a few hanging from some bars on the ceiling.

Then came out the other girl who was dancing earlier,....only to find out that it was *gasp* not a girl at all.

It was not sexy at all, and if you went to the show arroused, you left very un-aroused.

Now don't make taht your opinion of Bangkok,...it's actually an incredible place,...but as any big city can prove,...there's always some noks and cranny's that you're better off not discovering.

19. SnorriSturluson

SnorriSturluson Valued Member

Was this followed by a sppech about how her parents' house needs a new roof and a blackmail demand? If so, I think it actually means "I am pregnant and it's your fault."