Thai Trainning

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by TAPOUT, Aug 12, 2003.

1. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

hey in curently teaching myself thai boxing and a was woundering if anyone had some tips or drills that i can do a home to help me further my trainning in mauy thai

2. AsSaSiN

AsSaSiN New Member

eek get to a gym! i have 2 lessons a week and its taken me jsut over 2 months to get my roundhouse technique at a good level, thats with constant trainign on improving it, from my instructor. they teach you how to punch powerfully, trust me stuff u wouldnt have thought of in a million years (what most Ma's do).

3. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

The best thing would be to get to a school. Because there is a proper way to throw a roundhouse in thia boxing. You will not know if you are doing it correctly from the hand positions during the exicution of the kicks, The piviting before the kick and the follow through with the kick.

Its hard to teach yourself correctly, and a little bit harder correcting yourself when you find out that you have been doing it wrong from the beginning.

You want to learn the right way to do it, not "sort of right way".

Assasin's right. Just about 2 months to get the proper technique down, The stance before the kick, torque in the hips....

You can start by working on your endurance and some exercise for your whole body. Your shoulders will get sore quickly because you will have your guard up alot to protect your face from incoming punches. Your legs will need strenghtening because you will be throwing kick after kick.(hopefully you have thia pads or a heavy bag. You cant generate power by kicking the air)

But most of all, YOU NEED A SCHOOL. Proper form, proper technique. you do not want a sorta kinda looks right technique.:) :)

4. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

but theres no schools around were i am

5. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

If you absalutely must train on your own, I suggest having someone else as a partner who wants to train,too. Someone to hold thia pads, focus mits and be able to tell you what you are doing wrong or right.

A partner is a must.

A mirror for shadowboxing is usefull so you can see yourself performing the techniques.

You can also invest in a series of training videos that you can get from martial arts magazines, and online. This would be your best bet.
    Books and magazines are also helpful.

The above will get you off to a good start.

My final recomendation would be to go down to any local martial arts school and ask them if they know of any instructors that teach Muey Thai.

6. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

i have someone that wants to train wit me and thank you for the help im gonna go hit the bag right now

7. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

I suppose you can build ur own bag, just grab like a duffel bag, one of those reaaaaally long ones...fill it up with sand, concrete mix, etc. If you got a tree or rafter, find a way to hang it up. I started home training with about a pile of rice....25lbs bags of rice inside a large duffel bag. From that point on, you can pretty much do your techniques. However nothing beats training against a live opponent. Remember a bag doesn't hit you back.

8. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Having a decent coach definitly helps to improve your ability. If you have knowledge in other martial art and knows what to looks for and how to correct, I think is possible to learn Muay Thai on your own. A lot of it is common sense. Muay Thai is a very simple martial art, but not easy. Just keep practicing on your own for now, but eventually at someone point you should seek council at it.:Angel: