Teen nails burglar with bat.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by oldshadow, Jan 17, 2008.

1. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

I give an A for effort and courage but he should have swung for the fence at the guys head. All in all he got lucky the guy didn’t hurt him.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/0115abrk-batboy0116.html

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Good on him.
    Should have swung a little higher.

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

They should send the kid to a youth detention center, he used unnecessary violence that wasnt called for.

After all the burglar was only looking for something to sell to make a buck.

4. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

I take it you forgot this :rolleyes:

5. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

:rolleyes: ;)

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

What's a 'mesa' home? Is it Spanish for 'messy'? :confused:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  7. LJoll

LJoll Valued Member

I think mesa means table, so I have no idea what a mesa home could mean.

8. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Mesa Arizona, a town in Arizona.

http://jeff.scott.tripod.com/Mesa.html

9. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Caught mention of this on The Factor with O'Reily. I say the kid should get a medal.

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Or some batting practice.

He said sorry? LOL. Kid could have got seriously hurt because he didn't hit him properly. Dude had a screwdriver so it would be easily defended, especially with the level of force in America being rather lenient compared to the UK seemingly.

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's quite sweet to think that there are teenagers out there that after wacking a burglar actually said sorry. Nice to see manners are still being taught. Good on him.

12. Athleng Nordic

Very true.

This just goes to show that with the laws being as screwy as they are and how a gun in any form causes more grief than gain that now the dumb criminal will use a tool and a defender will use a bigger tool.

Next up the Louisville Slugger Band on assault Bats. What defines an Assault Bat? Why the bill? See it next on CNN.

13. Moi

That's the thing though, a robber robs. Chances are he wants a quick in 'n 'out. Catch one and all you need to do is give them an escape route, they don't want to kill anyone. Whimping out in this sort of situation is often the best policy. It all depends on if you can let it go that someones in your house.

14. Shadow_of_Evil

We had a similar thing like this happen to us years ago when an Australian aboriginal man was trying to get through our front door at about midnight. I've heard way to many messed up stories about grannies being bashed (not just by aboriginals but by all different races) kids being tortured women being raped etc during break ins that we didn't give the guy a warning. I pulled the door open and my brother cracked him with a cricket bat and then the police came round (there station is less then a kilometer away).

The way I see it, if you're such a low life scum bag that you have to invade other people's homes and privacy to get a little score then you deserve what comes to you. Robbers do not respect the law so they shouldn't rely on it to protect them. They are willingly putting themselves at risk. I'd hate to get complacent when a robber is in my house and not do anything and then next thing I know I'm being stabbed and my partner is being raped.

Screw that. You break into someone's house then you should be at the home owners mercy. What has the world come to when people can get into trouble for defending their homes.

15. Athleng Nordic

I can not accept that at all. Enter my home uninvited and I have a personal score to settle. I blame liberal social democrats for the state of the world. *a-hem cough* Anyway....

While I can agree with you that the criminal will want to leave uncaught, I say catch him and get him in prison. The more and more people are willing to look the other way and not get involved, be a spectator as the crime rate increases and starts to affect them, not stand up for what is right, then the criminal gets the benefit of the doubt and the home owner becomes the criminal for defending what is theirs.

They earned the money to pay for that home and those belongings. Because some schlep won't bother to learn a skill to earn money they have to steal.

And you say that is alright, just let them go.

I ask you why sir?

16. Athleng Nordic

w00t!

Nicely said.

17. Moi

The difference is you weren't a 14 year old kid. I'd proberly attack an intruder, might just get shot because of it though. ;)

Baseball bat sounds good, cricket bat doesn't. Why is that? A cricket bat would do more damage.

18. Athleng Nordic

Six of one, half dozen the other; weight verses speed. I'll take speed for a 1000 MD. :D

19. Moi

You have a point, still doesn't sound hard though. 'The Cricket Furies'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JawHRggFPGo"]YouTube[/ame]

20. Shadow_of_Evil

The difference is you weren't a 14 year old kid

Actually I was just turning 13 at the time :) My brother was 15.