[Tang Soo Do] Sparring Videos! Tang Soo Do!

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by surgingshark, Jan 14, 2004.

1. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

What happens when two Tang Soo Do practicioners work out to the point of utter exhaustion, then spar without warning? This is the answer.

[2.36 MB]

Mindight Blue Belt: J.R.
    Red Belt (3 White Stripes): Alberto Diaz.

Enjoy :D

2. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

was there no head contact in that?

3. Rice Krispies

Rice Krispies Valued Member

What rules were used? It doesnt seem like there was any contact at all. Nothing they really feklt anyway.

4. shadow joe

shadow joe seeker of truth

thanks for all the videos sharky!! i really enjoy seeing what other people are doing

keep 'em coming baby,
    joe

5. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Great video!

I'm looking forward to seeing more! ;)

6. Qc_Sylvanio

Qc_Sylvanio New Member

how can i check this video?

doesn't work here!

7. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

You have to leave Canada.:)

8. Qc_Sylvanio

Qc_Sylvanio New Member

ahahah :D

good one good one!

9. marais

marais New Member

thanx for da vids sharky.

i love clips gimme more,more,more hahahahahahahah

10. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

man my comp sux cuz it wont let me watch the vid

plus i do tsd

11. Cyph

Cyph Banned Banned

seriously, find another dojo, that one sucks! Can you say McDojo?

12. shonuff

shonuff New Member

The 2 fighters do look kind of tired. They make the Wing Chun vs. Ninjutsu guys look AWESOME.

13. surgingshark

You have to download the most recent version of Windows Media Player. Some PCs act up, so you have to download the file to your hard drive, then play it from there. Don't know why this happens...it just does.

You do realize that tiredness played a big factor here, right? And just wondering...have you ever been there?

That's what 45 minutes of non-stop workout then immediate sparring does to most people :p

14. Rice Krispies

Rice Krispies Valued Member

Isnt 45 minutes of workout and then sparring rather typical? Its maybe a tad on the long side, but if you've ever wrestled 40 minutes of workout before sparring seems generous compared to the 2 hours or so before we roll. I think that whats seen was affected more by the sparringb protocal and rules than by their tiredness. After all, they were clearly very crispy and precise. They seemed to hit what they were aiming for. Only thing is that I can tell what it is. Those guys have great potential though. I think they just need some better rules.

15. Cyph

Cyph Banned Banned

You can make excuses all you want.

16. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

well in my dojang we normally sparr last and our classes are an hour long but i didnt see the vid so ya

17. shadow warrior

shadow warrior Valued Member

Point fighting!! Nothing more nothing less!!

Two questions??

Why do they always fight from closed stance?? ie: facing each other?

Why can't either fighter create a position from which to deliver a meaningfull strike rather than a long rang "touch"? ALL of the striking techniques attempted were artificially "snapped" and "grabbed", (before they even came close to the intended target).

This appears to be a glorified version of my turn your turn..one step two step cooperation..rather then exploring other possibilities creatively in the open field. Never did a fighter press the advantage..the road to victory!! No "FINISH" technique in any attack sequence.

Always nice to see videos from other places though.

18. bibnweb

bibnweb New Member

are there videos you can purchase on sparring. i would really like to improve my sparring techniques. also, i never noticed them using more than one technique at a time. Shouldn't use you "close" in on your opponent? I'm new to TSD and was hoping there was some dvd available somewhere on sparring..

thanks all!

19. surgingshark

Shadow Warrior:
    Good Question. I'll ask them at the expo :)
    Bibnweb:
    I've been looking for those as well...

20. sfjohn

sfjohn New Member

Ok, remind me to put on a video clip of our sparring after a complete workout. That stuff is what you should do as children, not adults. I hate to say it and I had to pause a couple of times before writing this, but that was pathetic. I am truly sorry to say it, but it was. We will do two hours of grappling and then start the stand up when people are truly tired, then put on the 8ozers, a mouthpiece and some shinguards and have at it. What I just say was two people doing point sparring without any contact, except for the couple trapping encounters I saw. I mean not to be all negative, I did see some good technique and all, but if your going to post a sparring video, make it a good one. I truly am sorry, I don't mean to be disrespectful and please forgive me if I am out of line.
    John