[Tang Soo Do] Pyung-Ahn Chodan

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by paulol, Sep 27, 2007.

1. paulol

paulol Valued Member

Hi guys!

I don't normally post here! But i thought you might be interested in this vid i made??

I've been a busy chappie, and have put together the 6 applicaitons we drill from this pattern. Which is the first form for adults in JSMDK.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D6N5ocKXJE"]Pyung-Ahn Chodan Applications - YouTube[/ame]

Karate systems call this form Heian Shodan or Pinan Nidan. TKD guys will see bits of Chon-ji Tul and Dan Gun. As well as other patterns.

Hope you enjoy!

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Thanks for that, some nice apps there. Its good to see Korean styles working forms in that way.

3. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Very nice. Glad to see the Pyung Ahn being used in practice. :)

Lovely to see the turns used in one of their correct manners, to give power to throws ;) (Had an interesting afternoon last Sunday with Iain Abernethy looking at the Heian / Pinan series)

4. paulol

paulol Valued Member

thanks for your comments! ;)

and lucky you for being at a seminar with iain!!

i'm hoping to bring him over at some point? but most of my time is taken up setting up seminar here for my mentor prof rick clark :D

5. paulol

paulol Valued Member

thanks for the positive comments ;)

it's always good to know that what your doing is having an effect on people :D

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I'll have to remember to check this out when I get a decent internet connection next week. Always interested in bunkai/application and the stuff I did at Jang Bong's club was pretty good (I remember it a fair while since I did it, so that must be good) so I'll comment on Tuesday :)

7. BROWN

BROWN Valued Member

Great.. My Sa Bom has just been going over the theme of picking our hyungs apart for practical application with us. The apps we got from pyung-ahn chodan were all different from the ones on that vid, but just shows me how many possibilities there are when taking different parts of hyungs apart. I also licked the throws, on the direction change.

Brown.

8. paulol

paulol Valued Member

thats cool!!

thing is with how we train is that by this time next year we could have 6 different applications that we have pressure tested :D

once you are looking at the applications with some sense of realisim then the skys the limit ;)

9. Jang Bong

We know that gentleman over here at our club as well. OUCH!!! :D

10. paulol

paulol Valued Member

ah cool !! ricks not gonna be in the uk this winter?

there are some of the guys from scotland coming to cork instead ;)

where is it that you train jang bong?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  11. Andy Cap

Andy Cap Valued Member

Thank you for sharing. Some nice applications there. I love to see people sharing stuff like this. It really shows there is a martial arts community.

12. paulol

paulol Valued Member

thanks andy!

13. Jang Bong

Our club is "Pyung Ahn Martial Arts" and we met in Whitley Bay (North East coast) until earlier this year. We are a few miles out of town now, but Professor Clark will know us from Whitley Bay - he always gets a good crowd with our instructor Sa Bom Nim Stephen Nash.

He has a habit of finding good technical people (such as Rick Clark) to add to our skill-set. :)

14. paulol

paulol Valued Member

great stuff!!

rick loves talking about pyung-ahn things as he done it from the old chung do kwan why and finds it interesting how TSD do them!!

i also love cross referencing all versions of these forms and also the chang hon forms in ITF TKD.