[Tang Soo Do] National Championships 15th july

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by stephentsd, Jul 14, 2006.

1. stephentsd

stephentsd New Member

Just for everybody from the UKTSDF who is entered for tomorrow's national championship in Watford, good luck and try your best, i'm entered nerves have set in now, i'm doing Jin Do as my hyung.

Tang Soo!!

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Best of luck tommorow, let us know how it goes and watch you dont wobble on the one leg bits of Jin Do(like I do). :D

3. stephentsd

stephentsd New Member

thanks i will do well ive just got back from gym, iv been in the areobics studio practising it and 9 times out of 10 there is no wobble! just see how it goes on the day, hpefully the 1 time when i do wobbe isnt 2morrow!!

Tang Soo!!

4. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

Im at work so i cant go watch :(

Good luck tho Steve. Hopefully i'll see you at the next one.

5. stephentsd

stephentsd New Member

I came 2nd for forms and got disqualfied in style at fighting, roundhoused this guy round cheekbone but followed thru by 2 football fell on floor insanly abd quite alot of blood, i feel awful for it! masters where saying it was technique of the tournament!!

6. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

erm translation please

7. monk-ki

monk-ki Monkey..Monk-ki...Get it?

World Tang Soo Do Championship

We just had our championship last weekend, it ran very smoothly. I didn't place, but I did real well on my empty hand Hyung (Kong Sang Koon) and on my weapon Hyung (Jung Koop Jang Gum Hyung), placing in the top 10 easily, if not top 5.

Unfortunatly, My first sparring match of the day was against the previous world champion, and I was Cheezed on Judging. He first "scored" with a roundhouse to my right arm. Then I scored with a spinning hook kick that got the biggest reaction from the crowd that day, within an inch of the guys head, and all judges gave me point for that. Then, this guys gets a point for front kicking me, even though I had put my arms in a x right in front of my chest to absorb the blow so that I could punch him before he gained his balance back, but the stopped us before I could punch. Then time ran out. I was so angry. But, judging is partly a popularity contest, eh? Tang Soo!!!

8. bhamtsd

bhamtsd Valued Member

Hey, Monk-ki. What is your rank & age?

My wife (Sam Dan) got 2nd in sparring but didn't place in forms or weapons. We also sent an adult senior orange belt. It was his first tourney and he got 2nd in sparring and 3rd in forms. Unfortunately, I was sidelined with a torn ACL a few weeks ago.

Edit: Sorry, stephentsd. I didn't mean to hijack your thread... :bang:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  9. monk-ki

monk-ki Monkey..Monk-ki...Get it?

3rd Dan Black, and 34 years of age :D