Taiji Quan famous master videos

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Taijiman, Dec 17, 2006.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hi, yes. Wu Tunan student of Wu Jianquan (8 years) and Yang Shaohou (4 years) > this group in Singapore are his students/ disciples. Goosebumps everytime when seeing this clip..*love it*

Genuine candidate for Yang Shao Hou's infamous small frame anyone? It has the real deal hallmarks for me - unlike some other self proclaimed claiments.. Nothing from the Chens even comes close either, to the awesomeness of this..pfft!! :D I hear they also really like their qigong, and i don't see any lack of martial intent. One would even hazard a guess that such may be a wholly smoke screen hyperbollic issue even! :eek: Like if becoming Muslim was bad for Mohammed Alis' fighting ability. Pfft! He was a mentally strong one if ever there was (and is).

(i be loving the Chens' style too)

Hoorah for the Timeless Unowned Global Boxing Step Off Shuffle(tm) :p

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  2. Taijiman

Taijiman Valued Member

Ahh... I thought the unusual hand positions looked kind of familiar.

Wu Tunan video I forgot to link:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QRj4aqLsu8&watch2"]Wu Tunan - taijiquan - YouTube[/ame]

I think I still prefer Chen style, but it is an interesting variation :)

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Thought I'd post a couple form clips I found recently, Brido count to ten & take a deep breath.. :)
    TB I think you'll dig these, second one's bit of a rare groove.

Nui Chunming doing his Yang style tai chi

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnxokIPLzJM"]Niu Chunming (1881-1961) - YouTube[/ame]

Funai (Imperial) Yang taichi laojia

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go9tL3H5ntU"]Funai Yang taichi laojia - YouTube[/ame]

4. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Very good clips.
    I especially liked the second, although in his roll back at the beginning, he has quite a hunch in his back. Is that normal?

James

5. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Wow! Thanks cloudyhandzman!
    That second one is my favourite Taiji form clip ever!
    My favourite move is his little slap/kick and turn into groin-punch at 4.20 and 6.00 - I just love his intent throughout, coupled with poise and fluidity... he's really old and yet still looks like he could mess you up lol
    So pleased you found it on youtube - I have it on a vcd I bought from a chinese ebayer, but it's a weird one so you can never go sraight to it from the index and it plays almost randomly each time, so I have to search through some real drossy stuff to find him!!?? Incidentally, there's a big fat dude in a gold suit on there I call 'mr shakehands man' that shows some pretty wild 'vibrating jin' I wonder if he's on youtube too... :cool:

Visage, he's very old, so his back is curved, but this is okay in Taiji gungfu anyway, it's sometimes called a 'c' back and allows you to 'swallow' and/or compress energy before issuing it back out. Erle Montaigue swears by it and reckons it plugs you into your 'lizard brain' for fighting - check out Bruce Lee's spinal fighting posture, very rounded. The 'held-upright' thing is a health thing imo, the spine should be able to move as you need it to if you're into application work. Think of what the spine does in nine-circles work...
    Also the 'crouch' back is ideal for wrestling, grappling and throwing.
    :)
    PS Great beard and bald-pate combo in the first clip too :cool:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007