Taiji in San Shou

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by TheMightyMcClaw, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Dunn

Richard Dunn Banned Banned

Again smoke screen. What was being refered to was the process devised by Cheng and continued by Docherty. I find it astonishing that a whole genre practised by hundreds of people has been created by the yi of an unbalanced emotional desire. It has been very successfull due the comercial understanding of image creation. That has nothing to do with selling some DVD's. I was recently espousing on another list that traditional TCC now probably represented only 10% of western TCC. Wudanger type attitude probably represents another 20% as there are other schools with similar attitude, I personally believe they are aping your success. The overwelming rest is represented by the wobblers and new agers. Do you know how many people throughout the west do Taoist Tai-Chi, have you ever seen it? It is so devoid of principle to be practically a form of walking. Hundreds of thousand do this world wide and thousands in the UK. I am fighting a lost cause basically, but it provides a modicum of entertainment.

2. cullion

cullion Valued Member

I'm sorry that you feel the fact that more people in the UK have taken up their approach than yours is the result of them being 'unbalanced'.

Keep fighting the good fight against 'new agers' Richard. My first suggestion would be that you stop claiming to be able to stick people to the floor by manipulating their 'energy'. Now can we please get back to talking about tai chi in competitive San Shou ?

3. tccstudent

tccstudent Valued Member

4. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Anybody wanna guess what happens when I wake up and have to read 4+ pages of petty squabbling in a single thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.