Tai Chi & Pychism

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by [V], Dec 5, 2009.

1. [V]

[V] New Member

I've got several questions regarding Tai Chi.
    You know those grandmasters that are able to redirect people's energy which makes it impossible to affect them?

Anyways, would that work on people who have absolutely no training with chi.

Or would a grandmaster be able to defend himself like that only with people who are sensitive to chi energy?

I have a lot of experience with energy work & psychism.
    I am not particularly interested in fighting, but I am in Tai chi.
    What form of Tai Chi would you recommend for someone training in psychism?

I did QiGong for a while, but Its too slow for me & there's a lot of standing still.
    I learned one form of Tai Chi (For enlightenment apparently) I forgot the name of it, but I enjoy it a lot!

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

No, because it is all an elaborate "game" between a psychotic 'Master' and deluded students.

See above.

See above.

Good for you.

Thats a shame as TaiJiQuan is a martial art

Any, as long as it is taught martially and not gay, floaty, hippy nonsense.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Good, glad you enjoy what you do.

3. [V]

[V] New Member

Its easy to dismiss your entire post seeing how narrow minded you are in terms of Tai Chi.
    Tai Chi isnt only for martial arts, there is Tai Chi for weight loss, Studying, Enlightenment, Health, Clairvoyance, etc.

Anyone else?

4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Actually, Tai Chi IS just a martial art - it has been bastardized by certain individuals and the watered-down result is then taught for purposes such as weight loss, health etc.
    Then there are certain charlatans who pass off the Clairvoyance, pyschic power claims etc. This is all crap.

Tai Chi has benefits for the health of practitioners, it can be used as a method of meditation - but what it IS, is a MARTIAL ART.

5. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

If you do not train jins then you will not get any of the benefits of TaiJiQuan, which include lower blood pressure, internal stretching, health, etc. So called "heath" TaiJiQuan, does not bring much in the way of benefits beyond moving around for an hour instead of being sedentary.

I would rather be "narrow minded" than be taken in by blatant trickery by so called masters whose clips can be frequently be seen on youtube.

6. [V]

[V] New Member

Tai Chi is an INTERNAL martial art, a form of cultivating and moving your internal energy. Surprisingly enough, Internal energy is useful for many things OTHER than martial arts, which is why Tai Chi is not a Martial art itself & can be applied to many aspects of life without being 'bastardized'

I trained 4 years in the Psychic art, so I can confidently say such skills are not crap. Unless of course your only evidence is what you see youtube - in which case you have not searched very far...Anyways, it is not my intent to persuade you otherwise; I respect your opinion on the matter.

Anyways, I am not here looking for a tai chi form to develop psychic skills. Im looking to Improve what I already do - which is why I registered on this form (seems to have a pretty active Tai Chi section).

Perhaps someone experienced in both the arts could help?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  7. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

I wonder why they named it "grand ultimate fist" then... :rolleyes:

And I can confidently say I shoot lasers from my eyes. :rolleyes: Doesn't mean it's true.

8. McShabby

McShabby More Than A Feeling

9. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

The Taiji combat application will be the only "guideline" that you may have to make sure that you or your students will not modify your Taiji beyond recognition in the future generation. For health and spiritual development, your Taiji does not have to be perfect. But for combat purpose, you do need to do everything correct in your Taiji training.

For example, the Taiji “double pulling hands”, You can put one hand above the other hand, keep your hands 3 feet apart, keep your hands 6 inches apart, both palms face up, both palms face down, ... They can all help you to achieve "health" and "spiritual development". For combat, you will need to have one palm facing down and one palm facing up, both arms parallel to the ground with 1 and 1/2 feet distance. The reason is simple, with one palm down, you can control your opponent’s wrist, with one palm up you can control his elbow, since average people's arm are 1 to 1 and 1/2 ft distance between his wrist and elbow, you have no choice but keep your palm the same distance.

Another example, I once saw a girl added a knee drop monkey stance to her "twin peaks to the ears". The porpose of the "twin peaks to the ears" is to use both hands to strike your opponent's ears. She was not very tall. When she dropped her knee to the ground, she could only use that move to attack a 5 years old kid. Did her modification make any sense? Nothing wrong with "health" development and "spiritual" development and that's for sure.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  10. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

V, I am not someone experienced in Tai Chi, but I see absolutely no reason to believe that someone can psychically nullify another person's attack. The very fact that you ask if this is possible after reporting that you have four years of experience in psychic endeavors suggests that you doubt the efficacy of such a method. Have you ever countered someone else's will or even mildly influenced them in way that was nonverbal and absent of audio cues or body language?

I would hazard that you would do well to consider the opinions of the experienced martial artists on this board instead of summarily dismissing people when you came here for advice. I've yet to see a fighter of any stripe defend themselves through will alone.

What's more, even if I could move a cup across a table with nothing more than my thoughts, I'd still duck if Mike Tyson took a swing at me. Oh, and run, too.

paz,

dormindo

11. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Taiji guys may be the only people on this planet that are very sensitive about this subject, "Chi".

If you said that you do:

- believe in Chi, people will ask, "When was the last time that you used your Chi to kill someone in combat?"

- not believe in Chi, people will say that not only "you don't have it", your teacher, and your teacher's teacher also "never had it". This will not only hurt your reputation, it will also disgrace your teacher and his teacher (no matter how long that they had passed away). People will say, "You will need to meet someone (with name and location) who has it and can teach you." Next day you will knock on that Chi master's door and challenge him. After the fight, you will be thrown in jail for the rest of your life (just because you try to get involve in a Chi discussion).

It's a lose-lose situation no matter what answer you come up with this subject. The best way is just to stay away from this subject. When people ask you, "Do you believe in Chi?" The best answer may be, "It depends ..." you then turn around and leave.

12. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Who has ever said that? I can only imagine that being asked if someone claimed they could use their chi to kill others.

13. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

TC if I understand you correct, you are more interested in developing your internal energy than you are with combat.
    I wouldnt say the style of Tai chi you do is as important as how much you practise it. Go for the nearest/cheapest school to you. Do lots of Dan tian breathing. LOTS

Also do some sitting meditation after a session. Focus on the energy you have just developed. Circulate it around your body using breath, sense of touch. Relax your stomach as much as possible, let it hang of your body.

Check out Robert Bruce's NEW system at www.astraldynamics.com click "energy work" tab.

Good luck :)

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

All of the off topic posts have been removed. Now back to your regular programming :)

15. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

At a very high level you shall often be able to "see" what he is about to do next. That is as phsychic as it gets.

16. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

When I throw a $100 bill on the ground, my opponent's body will bend forward. That's my phsychic power. :)

17. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I wonder if the original poster meant Pi-chology rather then Pychism?

Back in the mid 80's I discovered you could predict the exact time and angle of an attack by using their height, weight, age, sex and ethnic background and the mathematical constant Pi.

I ran into some difficulties proving my theory very early on. It seems my subjects were less then cooperative with the interview process. Prefering instead to beat me unconscious and steal my wallet (not very sportsman like of them).

I did finally find someone willing to cooperate, uh, unfortunetly I completed the equation just as he swung the lead-pipe.

When I awoke from the coma I realized the problem was speed of action was more important then analytical accuracy and I took up kickboxing.

My results in the ring were likewise unsatisfactory. The ref said I couldn't set up my whiteboard in the ring as it would block the view of this centuries greatest beating... What do you suppose he meant by that? :confused:

;)

18. McShabby

McShabby More Than A Feeling

Mmmm, Pie-cology

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Thanks to bcullen for a top coffee-over-monitor moment. Not chuckled that hard in ages :cool: :happy:

20. shuyun3

shuyun3 Shugyosha

you mean like this guy?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I"]YouTube- Kiai Master vs MMA[/ame]