TAGB Competitions

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by stefthewise, Mar 6, 2006.

?

Are TAGB competition prices too high?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2008.
  1. Yes! They should be cheaper

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No! Stop moaning!

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Neutral / Don't care

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. gould2

gould2 Valued Member

yeah done that a few times :D

seriously tho, i think JBA has a valid point. i think its peoples priorities that is the factor here.

2. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

lol cheers dave, might as well block with my trusty headguard a few more times before I've gotta buy new lol hmmmmm maybe that's a bad strategy.... maybe i'll stick to running for my life lol

3. Gould

Gould Valued Member

Remind me not to spar you with if your wearing those pads at the english :D.

It'll be interesting to see how many of you complaining about the cost the TAGB competitions are there on the 26th. If you want to make the competitions value for money your'd better start training, personally I'd think £10 to beat the best of the TAGB and be the 2006 English is pretty good value for money.

4. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

well i'll be light heavy so u may have to lol just play nice lol

5. 2sweet

2sweet Valued Member

I think You mean Stepping out the area! LOL :)

6. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

see now i thought u'd be over the bitter defeat by now ;) lol u can't blame me if you weren't fast enough to catch me!! (as I was running outta the ring!!! but erm that's not the point lol) I prefer to remember the winning three pointer... lol i'm going to wear running spikes for the english i think.....

7. 2sweet

2sweet Valued Member

with counciling it Usually only takes me 6 months or so to get over such a crushing defeat, but I'm getting there. :cry: LOL
    Fair play to you that was a good kick, your quite fast for ur size aint ya (No offence!)

Was worth our team losing to see you go on to Win - Ray is still well chuffed, think he carried you and Richard a bit mind! ;)

8. JBA

JBA New Member

Just wondering Dragon and 2sweet, wot weights will you be competing in at the English?

9. 2sweet

2sweet Valued Member

Im fighting Welter this time James only 0.5 of a kg over at the mo!
    Think dragon 2020 is a light heavy weight, unless he has been eating too many pies! ;)
    You Middle? Good luck with Warren if you are! :eek: He gets tougher all the time.

10. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

bless Ray!! lol :D

PS: is it him being beaten up by Sally on your club leaflet? :D

11. JBA

JBA New Member

Yea im middle this time, was debating whether to go light heavy for a change, but stuck with the middle. Should be fun, i aint competed since midlands '03. I've never fought warren though, i know you have dave, any tips??

12. Dragon2020

Dragon2020 TTTINT

yup I'm light heavy, was thinking about going back down to middle again, but then remembered the sauna-ing, shuddered n tucked into a pie lol.....

As for fighting warren..... don't block with yr face like Geoff Astle did a couple of years ago.... it hurts!

Seriously though, don't be afraid of him, also don't be afraid to clash legs with him, especially if yr legs are quite strong... I'm naturally counterattacking, but less so against him because if u let him get on top of u he'll give u a kicking... he's like a machine! it's scary how fit the guy is!..... The time he fought dave full contact at the anniversary(Who did bloody well against him!! v v close!) he'd already fought in the regular teams (He beat a 6ft 5 friend of mine, repeatedly kicking him in the head!), then did full contact, then fought in the GB team after......... That's just not normal!!!!!!!

So to recap, If no-one else can help, and you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.....

oops that's not helpful lol sorry.... :D

13. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Every competition he enters does he win?

14. JBA

JBA New Member

Cheers for that Dragon. I heard he is fit,but i also heard that he is beatable. I fought Roger in a few finals a few years back, he was a hard fighter,never got the decision tho!
    Im just gonna go and give it a try anyway, win, lose or draw makes no difference 2 me. Theres always the Welsh after it!!

15. Rob T.

Rob T. Valued Member

Not everyone, just most of them.

He is a great fighter but does get beaten sometimes (although he'd happily wipe the floor with me).

Rob :)

16. 2sweet

2sweet Valued Member

Indeed it is, & on our website - That look of pain on his face is no act either!! :) LOL

17. 2sweet

2sweet Valued Member

You hit the nail on the head there James! You have to beat the name sometimes as much as the man when its a squad member - especially when their name is Roger Lawrence & Now Warren Vice - You have to beat them by a long way if you want the decision, anything close just aint gonna go your way I'm afraid! :bang:

As for Warren you have to be strong & go forward, if you move backwards or even try to move round the area he will close you down and keep driving you out. Short of using a baseball bat & not sure anyone can stop him!

Only seen him put down once in Miami against an guy from argentina, Warren then proceded to get up and wipe the floor with the guy! - lose just isnt in his vocabulary.

I love fighting him though, just try & enjoy yourself & remember what dosen't kill you makes you stronger! LOL :)

P.S - This thread has kind of lost its way a bit & turned into another T.A.G.B Stuff one Don't you think.
    £10 to get your face panned by Warrren, now thats value for money in anyones book!!! :p

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  18. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Haha well maybe they should introduce a baseball bat for anyone who fights him.....but even then it will proberly be a close call. I would like to spar him too not im competition just for fun. Does anyone no if he goes Clacton summer camp?

19. JBA

JBA New Member

That is true Dave, you can't just win, you have to try an wipe the floor with them! Never mind anyway, i've got to fight other people not just him. Who else competes well in middle now Dave? An how have you been doing in the Welters?

20. SallyTKD

SallyTKD Valued Member

I think I dented his male pride a little bit ! :Angel: