superstitions, bad luck or just coincidence ?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by shoto-kali, Jan 11, 2004.

1. shoto-kali

shoto-kali The Chosen One

do any of you guys believe of any superstitions ? the reson i've asked this question is that everytime i'm getting my brown belt new things always happen to me (good & bad) that force me not to continue my karate training. i've been studying shotokan karate since i was in elementary. here's the following event,

1. few months just before my brown belt test, my high school grade report card shows alot of failing grade that force me to take summer class, my parents banned me to train karate 'till i finish high school.

2. college days, just right after i got my brown belt, an un-expected marriage happen, i got married and we relocate here to america. again stopped training karate.

3. hawaii, just right before i get my brown belt, my wife gave birth to my 2nd son. i was to force to train when ever only has the chance (atleaset 1x a week).

4. hawaii, right after i got my brown belt, me and my wife decided to move in mainland america, we relocate here to las vegas.

5. las vegas, just before i get my new brownbelt, sept 11 happen, the company i work for downsize employee and i'm one of them.

6. las vegas, got a new job but the time schedule dont matched with training schedule. a year after a new shotokan school open and their training schedule matched my work schedule. so back in training. last year got my 3rd & 2nd kyu and should be due for my 1st kyu this summer. another thing is look like to happen, my wife is now 3months pregnant and the company i'm working for right now has a rumor to re-organize or to close its operation here in las vegas.

is there something i'm doing wrong or is their a ritual i should do like cleansing a belt or all of this is just a mere coincidence or is this a clear message telling me not to continue training shotokan karate and should try a different kind of martial art.

shoto-kali
    las vegas

2. Cain

Cain New Member

It's not a curse or superstition, it's something called a life :D

Adjust to it, these things happen.

|Cain|

3. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

erm....find a MA that doesn't use belt systems?

Or like Cain said, its life :D

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Or at least doesn't have a brown belt. :)

PL

5. PersonasBinar

PersonasBinar New Member

Such is life my friend, don't swim against the current merely at a tangent and you will reach the shore eventually. Just remember to keep yout eye on the prize.

OSU

6. shoto-kali

shoto-kali The Chosen One

the company i'm working for right now has a rumor to re-organize or to close its operation here in las vegas

just to update you people, the company i worked for just announced that they will close our office here in las vegas.

this time im holding on my karate training, im giving at least once a week of training (sunday), just like what PersonasBinar 'don't swim against the current merely at a tangent and you will reach the shore eventually' this is what im going to do, thanks for a good advice.

peace

7. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

at least you know that when you do finally get your brown belt you'll deserve it :)

8. Alex_JHH

Alex_JHH Cardboard Tube Samurai

Don't look at how far you have left to go, look at how far you've come :D