Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mushroom, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Up to Ep. 6 so far, and I have to say that the makers really have pulled out all the stops - As Mushroom suggested, SF Fans (which I kinda am) will be absolutely blown away, but fans of the genre in any respect, will love it too 8.5 / 10 on the episodes I have watched.

Regards,

Travess

3. Mushroom

Oh. Sorry. There is the odd bit of swearung. I do apologise

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Watched the trailer bit with Ryu/Ken.

Yeah...I'm gonna watch that tonight. Might even try and get back from the gym early tonight for it.

5. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Just found out about these a few days ago, have watched a couple so far and was impressed--hey, nothing could be worse than the Van Damme version, right?

6. LemonSloth

You take that back, the Van Damme version had Van Damme and Kylie Minogue!!!

:p

7. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

And Ming Na. :love:

8. dormindo

Not taking it back!;)

Sure it had Minogue and Ming na Wen. It even had two actors that I really like in Raul Julia and Wes Studi, but that film violates the Geneva Convention and possibly the tenets of several global human rights charters. I'm not a Van Damme fan anyway (I'm sure somewhere on this planet a cold shiver just went down Shadowhawk's spine), but he really blew it on this one (though credit must also be given to the writer/director).

9. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

This is the first I have heard of this. Just started watching the first 6 episodes and am really enjoying. The choreography fits well with the games it seems and we get a shout out to the bounciness that the early models of ken and ryu had :)

10. Mushroom

I worked for the company that helped make it...I walked into the office for an interview, saw all the film posters the company was involved in.
    Saw Street Fighter: The Movie and nearly walked out.

11. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I watched the series when it came out. Its amazing what fans can do. It would be awesome if a network like HBO picked it up and expanded on it.

12. LemonSloth

Got through the first seven episodes now and I'm really impressed with the quality of the production actually.

13. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

It's good. Think I prefer the Mortal Kombat webseries though. Jeri Ryan...

14. boards

Anyone know what the game Ken and Ryu are playing? Looked like that was a NES?

Also loved the fact that Ken is the one with the proper Shoryuken, he was always better at that while Ryu was better with the hadouken.
    On the other hand it was always that Ryu first met is dark side by doing a Shoryuken on Sagat.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  15. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That movie is atrocious, certainly. Mostly because it doesn't make any sense. Even the legit actors weren't making a go of it. (It was pretty awful material to work with.) Raul Julia and Wes Studi are great actors. But that was terrible.

So, if you're going to have terrible acting, why not actually get proper martial artists? So you can at least have good fight scenes. Makes no sense.

That said, there's one thing that could potentially be worse (though I haven't seen it to confirm). I heard that Chun Li movie with Kristin Kreuk was pretty dire too. Even the presence of Chow Yun Fat apparently didn't help much.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I just watched clips from the Chun Li movie on YouTube. The choreography, at least, was pretty fun stuff. Can't speak to the plot. But I have to concur with you. Nothing worse than the Van Damme version.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  16. boards

I watched the Chun Li movie. It was really really dire, i'd rather watch the Van Damme, at least you get Raul Julia hamming it up and Ming Na in her outfits.:love:

17. dormindo

Yeah, I've stayed away from the Chun Li movie due to all the bad hearsay. That scene between Raul Julia and Ming Na Wen in the Van Damme movie is its one saving grace.