Star Wars Revenge of the Sith WARNING spoilers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Neil-o-Mac, Jul 25, 2004.

1. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

He did what he had to do to make the story what it should. Therefore, it was naturally adult-oriented.

2. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Yeah lets av a moive with Thrawn in!!!

3. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

I've got a question, help me out- At what point does Vader know he is Leia's father? Or for that matter, when does he find out he is Luke's father, and how? Is it sometime between episodes 3 + 4? I can't quite figure out during his interactions with Leia in episodes 4 + 5 if he knows he is her father.

Edit- Never mind, it's in ROTJ. It's all coming back to me now...

But I still don't know the answer to my second question. And how does he find out about Luke but not Leia? If he can just "feel" that Luke is his son, why can't he sense Leia, since she has the force as well?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  4. bum-eyes

bum-eyes Sorry about your dog.

Peter Jackson should make some Star Wars movies.

5. clemsontkd

clemsontkd New Member

see the thing is Luke was strong in the force. Leia was not strong in the force at all. She had a very low midichlorian count whereas Luke and Anakin had high counts.
    And there goes my geekiness.

And Peter Jackson should not make a star wars movie. he would take out important parts of the plot, make a bigger love story, take credit away from main characters and give it to secondary characters...etc...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  6. clemsontkd

clemsontkd New Member

Lord of the Rings is not a trilogy!

7. PsiCop

Actually, your geekery has betrayed you. (Now THAT'S a geeky statement)

Leia is strong in the force. She just never used it before Vader's death. Afterwards, Luke trains her and she's gifted.

Truth be told, I think that's just one of the plot points of Star Wars that really never got resolved. Probably just a mistake on George Lucas' part. We know the story of Star Wars isn't perfect. I think that's one of the imperfections.

8. Richdog

Richdog Limecat is watching...

Obviously he's talking about the trilogy of films that were released...

9. clemsontkd

clemsontkd New Member

(jim) im an engineering student not god, i cant know everything

10. PsiCop

Heh, I only try to share my knowledge.

11. bum-eyes

bum-eyes Sorry about your dog.

Why is it that Obi-wan's and Yoda's bodies dissapeared when they died, but that doesn't happen to all the other Jedi who died? Are they just especially attuned to the force, or is it some sort of special technique they learned?

12. PsiCop

They learned how to become one with The Force through Qui-Gon's teachings. The original script for Epsiode 3 had Qui-Gon come back as a force ghost and speak to Yoda towards the end of the movie. They weren't able to include the scene, as Liam Neeson refused the part. Just keep it in the back of your mind when you hear Yoda mention Qui-Gon to Obi-Wan at the end of the movie. It'll help it make a little more sense.

So to answer your question, yes. Qui-Gon taught them how to fuse with The Force at their moment of death.

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Yep, its in the book :)

Yoda says on Organa's ship that he has training on Tatooine for Obi Wan with his new master. Obi Wan asks "Your new master?", and Yoda replies "Yes, and your old one," or something along them lines :)

14. Developing

Developing Valued Member

This may have been covered but I'll just say briefly that I thought the transformation of Anakin to Darth Vader occurred a little too quickly. Now I know the transformation was suppossed to have been taking place in Episode II and perhaps there may have been some hints in Episode I however I was hoping for a real drawn out performance. I wanted to see more anguish from the Anakin character. One of the things I liked most about the Batman Begins movie was that unlike the other Batman films you saw a real portrayal of how distraught Bruce really was. I didn't see that with Anakin, and his character goes to a much higher extreme in terms of transformation than the Batman. Bruce changes but stays within himself so to speak. Anakin becomes not only more machine than man but he also transforms into the complete opposite of what his whole life has been. As Obi points out when he says,"you have become what you swore to fight against." Thought they missed an opportunity to really drive in some powerful scenes up to that point. Thought maybe Palpatine's manipulations would have had to have been more detailed. And Anakin would take longer to change.

And was it me or did the Jedi die way too easily?

15. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

16. PsiCop

Old news. But yes, it's still very cool that it comes out at the beginning of November.