Star Wars Revenge of the Sith WARNING spoilers.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Neil-o-Mac, Jul 25, 2004.

1. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

I must say that I will see Episode 3 many times, and I'll buy it on DVD. Then I'll buy the box set with the first 3 episodes, and then I'll buy the box set with all 6 if it comes out. :D

2. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Come on...you know the only reason we suffered through the horror that was Episode 2 was to possibly get another accidental boobie shot from Natalie Portman like we got in Episode 1, and the only reason we're going to suffer through the most-likely canon-destroying Episode 3 is to watch Mace Windoo-hoo-hoo get skewered with a lightsaber!
    Thank you! Long live Darth Maul! Hail the Sith Academy!

3. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

Boobie shot from Natalie Portman? I didn't catch that in the movie.

4. Togakure

Togakure New Member

I noticed on that site that james earl jones has also recorded a new line, and boba fett has a new voice, so he is already recreating the film I suppose.

Still, the new jabba looks alot more realistic, but given how technology is progressing it wont be long before they can reproduce full blown actors (even deceised ones) god knows how much more he will dable in his film, maybe the plot will be completely different in 20 years time.

5. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

i didnt catch it either.... but i am a huge star wars freak and if anyone has a single question about episode 3, come to me. im the type that knows the entire plot a year before its release lol.

There's going to be 5 saber fights in this one. This is what they are in order, and the victors.... (highlight the mini text below... I didn't want to spoil it for those who want to wait until the movie is released to see what happens... Cuz there are a couple of HUGE spoilers)

Anakin Vs. Dooku: Anakin wins

Obi-Wan Vs. Grievous: Obi-Wan wins

Anakin and Darth Sidious Vs. Mace Windu: Anakin and Darth Sidious win

Yoda Vs. Darth Sidious: ...not known... suspected Sidious wins

Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan: Obi-Wan wins
    ........ So yes, it is confirmed that Darth Sidious (AKA Palpatine) will be using a lightsaber in battle against Yoda. Also, the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan is going to be 12 minutes long uncut, and will be the longest and most spectacular lightsaber battle in the saga. It will most definitely be the best battle in the prequel trilogy in every category. I think this fight will have the EMOTIONAL intensity that will make it worthy to be among the original trilogy battles. Emotion was what was lacked in I and II. Oh, and you won't see Vader (in the suit) until the last 5-10 minutes of the film, so yes the end fight is with "unsuited Vader".

Sorry for the excessive Star Wars geekiness lol :p

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  6. BlackRaven

BlackRaven Oldbie

Was that the unreleased 18 rated version? Not heard of that one!!

Wouldn't it be cool if when they release Episode III, there is an 18 cut as well!!

7. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I thought Episode iv came out in 1977 and was called "A New Hope".

8. Lao

Lao New Member

9. Togakure

Togakure New Member

Thats a bizare website..

10. Franki

Franki New Member

They should have just called it "Star Wars Episode III - Meesa Gonna Suck".

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

You either fell asleep during those movies (I almost did) or seen bootleg copies in Spanish, and filled in the storyline yourself. But, you'd still have seen Jar-Jar, so it must have been the former.

PL

12. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

See, here's the problem that all the fanboys have had with Episodes 1 & 2...
    This is LUCAS'S story, guys. He planned it this way. As annoying as Jar Jar is, he has served his purpose (see Episode 2). Now, the only thing I can really complain about in the first two is the acting. The acting is HORRENDOUS. The stories are not too far off from the original series, but the acting is SO BAD that we still hate it. So, please, don't blame Lucas. Blame Natalie Portman. Blame Samuel L. Jackson. Blame Ewan MacGregor. BLAME HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN. He was the one that RUINED Episode 2...
    Anyway, that's just my take on things...Blame the acting, not the story.

13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Actually, Actors usually have to take their cue from the Directors as well as do their own take on things.
    And George Lucas, although a good visualist, cannot write for all hell.

I shall quote Harrison Ford on what he thought of the script.
    "You can type this, but you sure as hell cant say it"

And Alec Guiness (who usually was off his head on alchohol) was the one who came up for the idea to kill off his character, to make it more dramatic, guess how that came about.

Thing is, at that time George Lucas was a B-List Director. Granted he managed to break into it with his movie American Graffiti (which he got 50cents on the $ profit), which made him a millionaire.
    So during that time, Actors managed to get their way a lot due to expereince and pulling power.
    After Star Wars: New Hope he didnt need to Direct anymore. Lucas became a God-like figure in the minds of many teenagers and many more to come.

Now! If he says "Say it like this" then the Actors will do it. (The Jump and How high mentality)
    He has so much pulling power that no one can say "this is crap". Sam L. asked to be in the series for FREE. Ewan and the others grew up with Star Wars, like me.

Watch the originals and see the difference in dialogue. Everyone speaks like normal, you got sarcasm and banta.
    Watch the new ones and everyone speaks like Robots, not because of the acting, but because of what the Director wants (in this case an overly wealthy man who has not Directed for over 20 years).

Imagine, Bruce Lee today telling you to do a move a certain way. You aint gonna say no dude, even if you know its not right.

Lucas should really leave his orginals alone. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
    NO MORE YODA DOING BUTTERFLY FLIPS PLEASE!!!

14. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Please don't insult my intelligence.

You know what? Here's a groundbreaking thought for you:

Movies are subjective - it's OK for some people to like movies that others do not! Radical huh? :eek:

15. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

Surely not?! :D

16. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Well just a quick setting of my SW past.

Was only old enough to go and see Empire and Return at the cinema on their origianal releases. Bought the video's when they came out. Went to see the re release of the original 3 and liked all the additions that Lucas put in, i though thay added to the experience, particularly the extra bits on the death star blow upies!! I bought these on video when they came out and loved em like my favouritte childhood blanky.

When PM came out went to see it as soon as it came out, hated Jar Jar, but i hated the ewoks too so nothing new. The pod race was awesome as was the battle with Obi-wan and Darth Maul.

Same with AOTC saw it as soon as it came out, and its now my favourite SW film. The final battle where we finally see proper jedis in action and in full flow was a joy to watch as was watching yoda in action. And the added bonus of the costumes Natalie Portman wore!

AS was said they are Lucas' films and he can do what he wants to them, i think that no matter how good the new ones were the old die hard SW fans would have aleays said "they were crap, not a patch on the originals" Its an inherent thing that movie obsessives have, that the original made however long ago will always be better, even if in reality it isnt.

So give the new films a break, if you dont like em, dont go see em!! i personally loved the first 2 of the new trilogy and cant wait for the next installment, when Darth V is born!

17. daftyman

daftyman A 4oz can of whoop-ass!

A New Hope was one of the first films I ever saw at the cinema without my parents. It blew me away then and it still does now.

Liked the new films as well.

I will say this though. Terrestrial telly was showing EP IV and I was getting into it again, but I felt imediate dissapointment when I realised that it had the 'added digi stuff'. Does anyone else think that some of the added bits weren't necessary? Those extra scenes who's only purpose seemed to be 'look at how clever we are!' as opposed to just 'filling' existing scenes out.

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

teaser trailer for Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Hey guys..don't know how many starwars fans we have here but I make one of them. As some of you would know the final episode on the StarWars saga is coming sooonish (May20-2005 to be exact) and they've just released the first trailer for the film. I managed to find a lnk to it for all of you, at the momment to legaly watch this trailer you'd have to subscribe to the starwars.com website and I say bollocks to that.
    Here ya's go:
    StarWars Episode III: Rebenge of the Sith Teaser....10.5 megs Quicktime

19. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I've been really disappointed with the last two films, but I must say that the trailer looks very impressive. Not to mention that seeing that suit makes me feel 10 years old again. Let's just hope that all that childlike excitement isn't tempered by a pointless money-making effort. Lucas hasn't had a meaningful film in twenty years.

20. PsiCop

PsiCop Antonio gets the women...

My Commentary on Revenge of the Sith

Episode I was hyped beyond practicality and overall was a big let down. Most people only appreciated the setting and the 2 on 1 lightsaber fight at the end.

Episode II took leaps and bounds to attempt to not recreate the mistakes of the first, and to try and get back on track with the big picture of Star Wars. Lucas succeeded in this fairly well. The picture was very relevant to the larger scope of things and started the Clone Wars, along with showing the first steps for Anakin towards becoming Darth Vader. Overall the movie was well recieved and nodded by critics, but not to the great scope of the original epics. There were a few large flaws in the movie such as the acting of Hayden Christensen, which is to this day mocked on Star Wars message boards across the net. The job he did passed as being believable, but they could have cast someone much more fitting for acting the part of a future Darth Vader. Nonetheless, Episode II was really only setting up the main reason in creating the entire prequel trilogy: Episode III

Episode III is going to be the biggest and baddest Star Wars movie ever made. Lucas has made it abundantly clear that he isn't holding back anything for this pivotal incantation into the Star Wars series. Those working on the film have all agreed that it is the darkest, most disturbing, and definitely the most adult oriented of any of them. In fact, the intensity and level of gore associated with a couple of the duels are rumored to have the MPAA looking at giving this one a PG-13-The first Star Wars to receive a rating above PG.

There are two facts that everyone knows will happen in Episode III. Darth Vader will be born after a duel with Obi-Wan, and the Jedi will become nearly extinct.
    Note: I will reveal some MINOR SPOILERS from this point on. I've seen all the reports for the last 2 and a half years. If there was something to be known about Episode III, I know it... even though some of it, I wish I didn't know. I won't say anything that will deminish the real enjoyment of Episode III, but if you're wanting to keep totally spoiler free, I suggest to stop reading now.

In Episode III, so many events that were set up in Episode II are going to occur:
    -Palpatine will take complete control of the Senate and military, becoming emporer
    -All but a few of the Jedi will be killed
    -The Clone Wars will end
    -Anakin, now a full blown Jedi, will be seen in his prime of full potential... and will kick ass
    -Anakin will be pursuaded to the Dark Side and eventually become Darth Vader by the end of the film
    -Luke and Leia will be born

All of these events are pivotal to the storyline, but aren't going to be the real draw of Revenge of the Sith. The real draw is going to be in the action and in seeing Anakin's ultimate demise to the Dark Side.

As for the action, well, this is looking to be the most action packed of the Star Wars movies. In fact, the very first scene in the movie is an enormous space battle over Coruscant. The CIS is making its last desperate attempt to win the Clone Wars after capturing Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and attacking the homeworld of the Republic itself. You see Anakin and Obi-Wan piloting Jedi Starfighters in the midst of the action. Later in the film there are a couple of more ground battles. One takes place on Kashyyyk, and you see the Wookies fight hard.

The best part about Episode III, many will argue, will be the lightsaber fights. It's confirmed that this movie will have more duelling than any other Star Wars. There are, in fact, going to be 4 or 5 different duels. By that, I mean full-length duels, not like how the end of Episode II could be technically interpreted as 3 duels with Dooku. I won't name all of them off, due to a couple having some big spoilers (but will be awesome, I promise), but I will say that among them is a highly anticipated rematch between Anakin and Dooku, as well as Mace Windu's final battle.

However, the most obvious is the duel many fans have waited for a very long time. It's the legendary duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi in which Anakin consumates his fall to the Dark Side. This duel is going to be the single longest duel in any Star Wars movie. It is over 1200 moves and will be about 11 minutes uncut (meaning it won't cut to any other scenes). It will have some faster fighting than even the Episode I duel between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul. In addition to its spectacular visual performance, this duel will have something that was lacked in the other prequels, emotion. The emotional intensity in this duel is said to be as high as, if not higher, than the intensity found in the battle between father and son at the climax of Return of the Jedi. One quote from the Producer stated that "some words will cut as deeply as lightsabers". This leads for some great speculation as to what Anakin and Obi-Wan will say to each other as they fight to the death. The winner of this duel is already given away in A New Hope. Anakin is defeated, even in his mighty power, and becomes the suited Darth Vader of the Original Trilogy. Vader will appear for the last few minutes of the film only, so don't have any illusions otherwise. Most of the film is based around Anakin.

The potential downfalls that I can see could only be in the acting. The premise is strong enough to allow for a great film. From reports I've read, they say that Ian McDiarmond (who plays Palpatine/Darth Sidious) executed his role with great acting. His role is much larger in this one, and looks to be very promising. Hayden Christensen may still have some issues. We'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I see this becoming the best of the prequels, and possibly on par with the Original Trilogy. The movie is released on May 19th of this year in the US.