SSX Blur

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chimpcheng, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Has anybody got and played SSX Blur for the Nintendo Wii? If so how do you find the control method?

I've a huge fan of the SSX series but I've held off on buying SSX Blur as I've read some reviews which are at the extremes. Some say it's awesome with a fantastic control system. Others say it's unplayable because of the control system... :confused:

Anyone? :eek:

2. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

I'd say rent it first, but play the heck out of it when you do - because it will take a while to get used to the controls... and then once you are used to them it'll take a bit longer to decide if you like the game or not.

I bought it when it came out as I am a huge fan of the ssx series, and i'm about middle of the road on it, not because of the controls though. I like the control scheme, I think it's set up well and the only time I have trouble with it is on salom courses - but I probably would have had trouble with that anyway.

What I don't like about the game is how 'silent' it is.. compared to SSX 3 for example there is not trash talk while racing, no gloating after a victory and no whoops when you make a big trick land.... and the music is average at best.

3. Chimpcheng

Ahhh nice one.

I prefer not to rent things as I've no idea where those discs have been and would rather not put them in my nice shiny DVD player/PS2/Wii or whatever.

However, if I can find it cheap I might just pick it up. I'm getting bored with waiting for "Super Mario Galaxy" and "No More Heroes" so need something to help while away the time. :D

I have heard that the race tracks in SSX Blur are not really that different to the tracks in other SSX games. In fact I think I remember reading that they just lifted race tracks wholesale and Wii'd it up a little.

4. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

that is correct, all the courses are from previous iterations of the game, the art style is very different though, and takes a bit of getting used to. all in all I'd say it's better than SSX on tour, but below SSX 3

5. Chimpcheng

I love SSX games. There's nothing better than hurtling down the side of a mountain with an avalanche coming straight for you. Awesome! :D