Squirrel Nut Zippers Attack!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by d33pthought, Dec 5, 2004.

1. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Squirrel Nut Zippers rock, yo! They're all oldskool with acoustics and really really good! Here's their site They're like latin/1920s jazz goodness! I'm so asking for their CD for Chanukkah!

2. Omicron

Omicron is around.

They're okay...not bad for a rehash band. Still, I'd rather listen to original latin/1920s jazz goodness than people just doing it all over again.

3. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

That's true, but I like them. Besides, I've got Cole Porter goodness already, and Big Band and classical on the radio. My latin collection is a bit thin, though, with only tango and such.

4. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

I just had to find out what a squirrel nut zipper was. :D

5. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Cubanismo! is one of my favourite latin bands. If you can find one of their albums, I definitely suggest picking it up. I've also been listening to a lot of Juan DeMarco's Afro Cuban All Stars. They're both great, authentic latin bands.

6. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

Cool! Thanks, dude! I suggest Gotan Project, if you haven't heard of them; they do a sort of techno/tango thing that's pretty good. One of their tunes was in the Richard Gere movie "Shall We Dance" (during the tango scene with Jennifer Lopez--hot stuff, if you ask me)

7. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Nice...I'll definitely check them out. I'm way into blending different styles of music.

8. Shinzou

Shinzou New Member

Wow, i'm impressed someone else knows about these guys. If you like them, check out "Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution." Not really as much of a band as it was a "project" since they only released one cd but its cellos and horns and classical guitar all mashed together into 4 songs of pure, liquid greatness. Check them out.

9. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

will do! I found an old MP3 of Forest for the Trees. They're not bad; I like 'Dream' the best of their stuff.