Sponsorship for 24 Hour Class

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by tkdally, Oct 31, 2006.

1. tkdally

tkdally Values sillyness in life

My TKD club is doing a sponsored 24 hour class in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support (formerly The Macmillan Nurses) on 8th December. http://www.macmillan.org.uk/

We're initially aiming to raise £10,000 but we'd like to get even more than that. We've worked out that if each student gets sponsorship of £1 per hour from thirty people and takes part for just two hours, we can raise £60,000. Just think how much difference that could make!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not compulsory for students to complete the whole 24 hours, but I'm an all or nothing person, so I'm going for the full 24 hour stint. This will involve the usual traditional class stuff (patterns, step sparring, floor work, stretching) along with seminar based learning and some demonstrations.

I have a sponsorship form which I'd be hugely thankful if you could add your name to via the link on my website http://www.allybudge.co.uk Alternatively, PM or email me through MAP.

Once I've completed the event I'll email you back confirming how many hours I achieved and payment details (likely to be internet/telephone banking, cheque via post or PayPal - so long as I can avoid hefty fees).

If you want to see the official sponsorship form (to make sure I'm legit) it can be located on the Mark Farnham TKD website www.markfarnhamtaekwondo.co.uk (then follow the links from the homepage)

Come on guys - email me and pledge sponsorship for this worthy cause.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  2. stefthewise

stefthewise (Modestly self-titled)

24 hour TKD - that's a brilliant idea! Although you may well need a week to recover!

I'd be happy to sponsor you.

Good luck! :)

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Yeh that sounds like fun and hard work!!

I hope your going to stop for some grub?!?

Good luck with it ;)

4. tkdally

Well I have the day off on the Friday to get rested (we start at 7pm Friday) and I hope by doing absolutely nothing on the day after (Sunday) , I will not require too many matchsticks to hold my eyes open at work on Monday.

Thanks for the support Stef - check ur PM

5. tkdally

I hope so too!!! A bit of kip would come in handy but that's out of the question.

Anyone got any lucozade?