(Split from Dim Mak) Relatiohship between IMA and the Bujinkan, is there one?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Lord Spooky, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Kukan

Right here's one for the Bujinkan guys....

Do you think Kukan has any internal aspects to it??? :eek:

2. Lord Spooky

Well as BL has fled I guess it means I wont get the answers to the questions :D

3. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Explain to me what you mean by internal then i can see if i can answer because i think you kight be misguiding yourself here or thinking too deep, and how come you only ask these questions on the net and not at class?

4. Lord Spooky

As Optimus Prime said in the Transformers movie;

"That's a question you should ask yourself Megatron" :D

Only kidding :D

I was after our "other" Bujinkan member's view but alas she has gone :cry: :cry:

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Soz mate i just thought you were going off on one as normal!!!! :D

6. Lord Spooky

na not this time :D

Right lets try to have a decent discussion, it's ok Greg you can go now :D !

I shall reapeat, just so people don't have to go through BL stuff, what I posted before in the thread in response to the following post:

Nice question!!

Probably wrong with this but I would say an internal art such as T'ai chi is different from an external art in that an internal focuses on the cultivation of qi/chi via meditation as opposed to external exercises that focus on limb/body conditioning. Also don’t external arts have influences from outside of China?

Another point....don't internal and external (Chinese now) arts meet in the middle some how....they sort of approach the same problem but from different ends???

However what if you then look at non-oriental arts with similar principles for example Systema has been described as “Tai Chi on Crack”….it’s focus is on breathing and relaxation and applies energy redirection absorption this is similar to internal arts is it not??? The question could be asked is there any internal work in Systema???? Or other non-oriental arts which share principles and practices but do not adopt the view of Chi/Qi/KI

7. Grimjack

Grimjack Dangerous but not serious

As I write this, she is still listed as a senior member. If the mods are cleaning out her account, they better hurry.

I would say that Bujinkan is no more an internal martial art than jujutsu or aikido. External martial arts in CMA tend to develop the muscles. Internal arts tend to develop the Chi or Ki as it is called in Japanese. Bujinkan and the other arts do not try to develop huge pecs, but do stress the use of the body rather than an internal energy source.

In regards to not needing to be faster or stronger than the other guy, they are like internal. In not relying on something that can't be measured they are similar to external arts. But the Bujinkan realy is neither. You might as well ask if Silat or Systema is an internal art or not. There is similarities between every art in some respect. But that does not mean that they are close as inexperienced people like Blooming Lotus mistakenly claim.

8. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Shes been permentalty banned by Aegis.

9. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

I would say from my Bujinkan days it was an border line internal art.

Some very solid moves and some less than effective ones. It really did shift which can be a plus point for the art and a negative.

10. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Indefinitely sin binned actually, but close enough ;)

11. NaughtyKnight

Your too nice mate. I would of banned her. :D

12. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

It's now been upgraded to a ban.

13. NaughtyKnight

Im sure we will see her again. People like that cant get enough of internet forums, hence whys shes be banned from probably every single forum to date.

14. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I've posted sentries on all 4 corner MAP watchtowers. She's to be shot on sight :rolleyes:

15. NaughtyKnight

She'll be discovered on her first post.

"Hi, im blooming flower, I have a PHD, Im the most talented and intelectual maist on the planet, even though most of the arts I know everything in, I've only had 2 lessons. The government is chasing me so I cant talk long.

:rolleyes:

BF"

I was going to add her poor spelling, but thought that might be over doing it. :D

16. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

You probably would have gotten banned for being another one of her incarnations