Sparring A Girl

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by paulbrec, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

JUST GO VOMIT ELSEWHERE. SERIOUSLY.

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Ooo can you try and fit this in?

Attached Files:

3. paulbrec

paulbrec Valued Member

I don't disagree.

4. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

With all due respect, I think you should stop posting in this thread for a while. Stop acting like a martyr.

I tried to honestly give you the benefit of the doubt, but why do you insist on throwing oil on the fire?

Good luck in your training. Hope you find what you need.

5. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Hi, I'm a mouthy teenager who makes brash, unappreciated comments, and who goes around mugging old people, urinating on children's play areas, and being an overall gangster. I'm going to make a movie about how no one understands me, cuz my opinions are too revolutionary for them.

6. paulbrec

paulbrec Valued Member

You know. I think I will stop posting for a while.
    Anyone who does not find this funny needs to go to Sense of Humor School.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Problem is that it isn't actually funny. Not because it upsets my sensibilities, it just literall isn't funny

Sense of Humour School "Jokes 101" should have taught you that - clearly you flunked

8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I cannot think of a single reason I would ever want coaching from you, so I don't really see this as a problem.

Yes, they were. Fortunately we've developed and advanced since then.

That's quite an accusation. I don't think anyone could say I've ever had a problem in expressing my opinion on the boards (or in real life for those who know me there).

I realise that senses of humour are very personal things, and each person appreciates their own, but I'm afraid you've missed one major point.

A good joke requires wit to tell and play on, and sadly you're only half-way there.

9. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

So hitting a female is morally wrong, but hitting a male isn't? What is morally wrong is hitting someone who is unable to defend themselves (using unnecessary excessive force), or who are not consenting to a fight or a spar.

Gender doesn't come into the equation.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Paulbrec, do you happen to have a religious background by any chance?

11. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Anyone honestly considering why one is not to hit a woman will see that it applies equally to any smaller, meeker man.
    It falls apart in a training setting and when a woman who can match the male in question is brought into the equation.

Unless of course you're using the Judeo-Christian idea that women are to submit to their husbands (or males in general depending on your interpretation). Then I suppose the idea is something tacked on later to mitigate a certain amount of abuse but in a secular setting like a gym such a guideline loses all significance.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  12. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'm not a 'liberal', I'm a 'communist'- and I don't like you either.

13. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

With KJ. I find it amusing that people bandy about the blanket term 'it's wrong to hit a woman'. So, what if she's several weight classes above you? Or she has years of experience and you are a novice? Is it still wrong to hit her because she has two X chromosomes? LOL.

14. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I agree. We should replace it with the blanket term 'it's wrong to hit lilbunnyrabbit'.

15. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

clo... no, i'll tell you in three years :p

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Even the title of this thread is moderately sexist I think.
    "Sparring a girl". I mean it could be that it was a "girl" (teen or younger) but it could also be a Freudian slip that reveals more than it should.

And to the OP...you could always punch that "girl" back into the kitchen?
    Worked in the old days.

17. 6footgeek

6footgeek Meow

Last time i witnessed a girl being punched back into the kitchen i realized that the girl mentioned was me.

I think its already mentioned above but 'Hit a girl' and 'spar with a girl' are two very different things. For me, Hitting a girl means lashing out at her in anger *not self defence mind you* which is something very wrong regardless of said victim being girl or boy.

HOWEVER. If i see Ms Frodo out in the streets, i'll take a shot at that 'I Fought Frodo and LIVED map award' =D =P

18. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

"Oh I'm just a poor little misogynist and they keep picking on me! waaah!"
    :rolleyes:

19. paulbrec

paulbrec Valued Member

I don't mind Liberals. People have the right to be whatever they want. I don;t even like discussing politics on forums. However, nobody has any right to tell anyone else what to and what not to say. This is a public forum, just like broadcasting.
    If you don't like what I have to say, why are you reading it?
    Just like the radio. If you don't like what you hear, change the station.

20. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Because...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.