some thoughts..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TkdWarrior, Oct 19, 2002.

1. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

1.When you snap your fingers, does the sound occur when your middle finger releases from your thumb, or when your middle finger hits the palm of your hand?
    2.If our planet is inhabited with creatures made by God...is it possible that there's another planet inhabited with creatures made by the Devil?
    3.How come stealing from one book is plagiarism, but stealing from many is research?
    4.If two identical twin brothers married identical twin sisters, would there kids be identical?
    5.Is it possible to scream at the bottom of your lungs?
    6.If you can test drive cars at the dealer's, why not test-drive lawnmowers
    around at a hardware store?

ok this much for today... i'll post more later..
    till then think about it..
    -TkdWarrior-

2. energyboost

energyboost New Member

1.When you snap your fingers, does the sound occur when your middle finger releases from your thumb, or when your middle finger hits the palm of your hand?

when your middle finger slaps your palm because i throw punches with my open hand and close as the punch ends and it always makes the finger snap

2.If our planet is inhabited with creatures made by God...is it possible that there's another planet inhabited with creatures made by the Devil?

The devil and god is in all of us so yes

3.How come stealing from one book is plagiarism, but stealing from many is research?

stealing from books is plagiarism period you have to site your sources and give them credit

4.If two identical twin brothers married identical twin sisters, would there kids be identical?

not if one has a boy and one has a girl

5.Is it possible to scream at the bottom of your lungs?

figuratively we can do whatever we wan't, literally it probably wouldn't be very loud

6.If you can test drive cars at the dealer's, why not test-drive lawnmowers
    around at a hardware store?

in a warehouse like hardware store the people would most likely die from the exhaust fumes especially if more than one people are doing it

Last edited: Oct 19, 2002
  3. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

When it hits the palm.

Yep. In theory. There's actually a science fiction book which deals with this concept, but I forget the name.

As was said, its not, plagiarism is stealing from a book. Research is taking information from a book, reinterpreting it, and using it in your own analysis.

Unlikely. They'd look similar certainly, but there's just too much genetic variation and too many random factors to say they'd look similar. There's not even any reason they'd have the same eye, hair or skin colour.

Actually that's what you always do, since a scream is generated by the diaphragm pushing up on the bottom of your lungs.

Only lazy people use that type of lawn mower anyway, so they probably don't want to waste the effort test driving it.

4. fluffydoc

fluffydoc Carry On MAPper

After a few minutes of experimentation, I've decided both.

No, would you expect 2 children produced by the same 2 parents to be identical?

6.If you can test drive cars at the dealer's, why not test-drive lawnmowers around at a hardware store?

Sounds like a good research project and I'm pretty sure it won't be plagiarism!
    :)

5. energyboost

energyboost New Member

isn't it great how we can kind of agree

6. Spike

Spike New Member

You actually sat and snapped your fingers for two minutes, didn`t you flufffy?

7. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

cool guys...
    ok here's next installment...
    1. Can you fart and burp at the same time?
    2. Since you have to pull over when you see a funeral coming down the road...what would you do if there were a funeral coming down both sides?
    3. Is there anything easier done than said?
    4. Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They’re going to see you naked anyway?
    5.If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call?
    6.If Adam and Eve were white why are there black people?
    now think about it...
    BTW i liked yer answers guys keep it up...
    -TkdWarrior-

8. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hmm wayofdragon u need more??
    ok then...here we go again
    1.Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
    2.Can fat people go skinny-dipping?
    3.Why isn't "palindrome" spelled the same way backwards?
    4.Why is the word "abbreviate" so long?
    5.Why is it when a door is open it's ajar, but when a jar is open it's not adoor?
    happy now??
    -TkdWarrior-

9. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

"wouldn't that be nice I wish we could test everything before buying it. Even movies. He He, that way I can see it without buying it"
    wayofthedragon u provided me with one naughty thought...
    why can't we apply this on marriage??:D ;)
    -TkdWarrior-

10. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Biologically speaking you should be able to.
    Since when did you have to pull over? If you're behind a hearse you move slowly, if you're ahead its kind of unimportant anyway since you'll dissappear into the distance.
    Yes. Most Choi techniques are easier to do than explain. Instructions on furniture are often easier done than read (the reading is the confusing bit, once that's sorted out its easy, even easier if you ignore them), and so on.
    Same reason a lot of girls are perfectly happy to wander around in string bikinis, but blush if they're seen in even modest underwear.
    Simple, another operator will notice and call for them.
    White and black tones are due to two biological pressures. In the southern hemisphere where the sun is stronger even dark skin (which protects against UV) will allow enough vitamin D (produced by, guess what, UV) to be generated, while in the northern hemisphere lighter skin allows enough to be generated. So if Adam and Eve were white then they're descendents would slowly diverge to fill all niches in the earth's biosphere.
    Nope, dead.
    The skinny refers to your state (bare-skin) rather than your size, so yes. Not that they necessarily should though.
    I did, still am in fact. My trial period runs out on the fifth of July next year.

11. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

ckdstudent :
    "Biologically speaking you should be able to."
    really ?? ever tried...
    "I did, still am in fact. My trial period runs out on the fifth of July next year."
    really?? hmm ...cool dude...
    "Nope, dead."
    hmm a fly without wings will be called as Dead??
    some darn good thoughts eh ckd..??u've been doing ur homework pretty good...

lol dragon u seems confused with palindrome n ajar?? cool it dude

ok here's todays quota:
    1.If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?
    2.why we fall in luv why not rise in luv?
    3.Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
    4.Why is the word "abbreviate" so long?
    5.Why is it, whether you sit up or sit down, the result is the same?
    6.Why is it called 'after dark', when it is really after light?
    try to figure out this while i m away... :D
    -TkdWarrior-

12. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

In theory, yes, although more likely the people aren't seeing UFOs. And of course the creatures from other planets would have to find some way to hide from six billion people and every spy satellite in the sky.

If God did create everything he also created time, so if he existed before creating everything then he existed forever, without pause.

In theory, yes, probably. Unless he created them all.

Things are still evolving, there are some creatures with particularly short life spans in which we can see evolution happen. One example is a particular type of moth. As camoflage it has white wings which allow it to hide on silver birch trees, during the industrial revolution the ash in the air turned the bark of these trees black, and the moth developed black wings to hide on the tree. Now that its been pretty much cleaned up the wings are mostly white again, except a few mutations which were always around.

So long as it doesn't affect or harm someone else without their consent I believe people should be permitted to do whatever they want to.

Given that the original Latin words were something along the lines of canus and felus I have to idea why we call them cat and dog, just words that have developed from stone age grunts over a period of millions of years.

13. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

1/

If a tree falls in the forest, and you are too far away to hear it, does it still make a sound?

2/

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

3/

Do Bear's sh*t in the woods?

4/

Is Levitation possible? (Wanna know how David Blaine does that)

14. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

If a tree falls in the forest, and you are too far away to hear it, does it still make a sound?

ans : yes...

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
    ans. none of them, algae came first :D

Do Bear's sh*t in the woods?
    ans. Never asked...may be...

Is Levitation possible?
    ans. not sure wat levitation is... :)

-TkdWarrior-

15. Spike

Spike New Member

Quote:
    In theory, yes, although more likely the people aren't seeing UFOs. And of course the creatures from other planets would have to find some way to hide from six billion people and every spy satellite in the sky

not too hard, Elvis manages it everyday

Quote:
    5. If it's okay for people to smoke ciggerettes, drink alchoholic beverages, and eat certain kind of foods which all does damage to the body, why is it illegal to do other drugs that are illegal, when even sugar kills brain cells, ciggerettes causes cancer and destroys your lungs. alcohol destroy your liver and get you drunk and make you do stupid things. And certain kinds of food you eat are link to numerous types of deseases such as cancer, heart desease, and so many others. Why not just let them do drugs if they want too?

the reason things like alcohol and tobacco are legal is because the government worked out they could make money from them, the only reason they don`t legalise every drug is because it`d be political suicide

Quote:
    4/

that one`s easy to work out, he stands on tiptoes on one foot and keeps the other perfectly parallel with the ground, if you`re wearing boots or some other tough soled footwear it looks like you`re flying

16. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Quote:
    4/

"that one`s easy to work out, he stands on tiptoes on one foot and keeps the other perfectly parallel with the ground, if you`re wearing boots or some other tough soled footwear it looks like you`re flying"

So how come it looks like both feet are off the ground?

On TV it looked like both feet were up at least 10 inches???

Middle Wicket?

17. Jim

Jim New Member

I've heard that David is also known as the human tripod. Does that make any sence?

18. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Yes. The shockwave still travels through the air, whether you can feel it or not, unless you subscribe to one of the more useless theories in quantum physics.

Egg came long before the chicken, reptiles laid eggs, before chickens ever came into being.

Most likely.

Yes. Although not without external aid. I believe the greatest achievement so far was the levitation of a woman in Japan to a height of several inches using high-powered superconducting electro-magnets.

19. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hmm i forgot about this thread..
    WOTD here's some more for u
    1. Why is it that when a person tells you there's over a million stars in the universe you believe them, but if someone tells you there's wet paint somewhere, you have to touch it to make sure?
    2. if you fed a bee nothing but oranges, would it start making marmalade?
    3.Why is it you get a penny for your thoughts, but have to put in your two cents worth?
    4. electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
    5. why is it called lipstick when it always comes off?
    6.Why do you click on start to exit Microsoft Windows?
    -TkdWarrior-

20. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Because you can touch the paint, but you couldn't count the stars. If you could then you would.

Orange blossom honey is available in supermarkets.

The two cents includes admission into the discussion.
    Electricity doesn't 'come' from anything, its the movement of charged particles.
    You try getting it off a white shirt collar, then you'll see how much stick there is.
    Because most people are backwards.