Some Info I found

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by The Kestrel, Jan 5, 2004.

1. The Kestrel

The Kestrel Valued Member

Here, most of the forumers visit a dojo. i suposse. internet isnt the best place to practicse Martial Arts, I know. (NOOO, I'M NOT A SMUF!!)
    But...
    Here, the life isnt easy, the colombian doesnt have a good look at the exterior. I was warmly welcomed at "Age Of Kings Heaven", and i hope i will good welcomed here too(Noo, This isnt a HI! thread)
    Ok. i cant have access to a dojo.so i'm always looking in the net for thecniques, and things to learn(as an a dojo, but isnt the same...:mad: )

for people like me, or someone who wants to look something:

http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~jimgould/techniques.html

Have Everyone a Good year.

The Kestrel

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Any one claiming to teach kuji on the net, highly suspect. That, and the kamae are screwed up. Please, don't try and learn anything from this site, you'll only end up getting yourself hurt or worse.

3. The Kestrel

Thanks for the advise!
    Can i hack it?

Ah, what i do next? i can continue with the spear, after all, there's a place here where i can learn(Yeah, here in medellin.)
    But in nijutsu....

And, if i annoyed anyone, sory. i have been looking for a ninjutsu dojo for 5 years, and i still dont find anyone.

THE KESTREL

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  4. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

http://www.winjutsu.com/winlinks.html

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way. Under Colombia you will find 7 dojos listed. COntact the one closest to you. If it's too far to travel, ask if anyone is in your area. You'd be surprised how far people are willing to go to train. If you want it bad enough, the travel is well worth the experience and knowledge to be gained.

5. The Kestrel

yeah, but the city of bogotá is really detestable, cold, and i have no place to go, and no place where i can get money.
    from Medellin takes 9-10 hours to go to bogotá.
    Again, thanks.close the thread.
    :D

THE KESTREL

6. JimGould

JimGould New Member

Kurohana: Can you actually read? Did you even bother to read? NO is the answer. NO where on that site does it say I teach on the net in fact I clearly go out of my way to say you can NOT learn from the net ... please try and actually read stuff before making yourself look like a fool :)

You clearly can not learn anything from this message board ;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2004
  7. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

Well i'll let Kurohana defend himself but what do you think people do when you put techniques and thing on the net. Do you think they just say, "Oh that's nice." No they get up and try it. So you show a technique they try it out sounds like some sort of teaching to me

8. The Kestrel

This thread went off topic.
    i dont know about the sfuff, a ninjutsu dojo was opened a week ago.
    AGAIN, PLEASE CLOSE THREAD.

9. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

JimGould, I stand corrected. I did read the information on the site, but obviously did not read thoroughly enough. A suggestion so that others like myself won't make the same mistake : Stress that one should only practice this with a qualified teacher. I did not see that (correct me if I'm wrong) and I feel that that is very important to stress. That may have been why i got the idea that you were "teaching" this online. Again, my apologies, but if I made that mistake, think about what someone with no experience might think.

Peace?

10. JimGould

JimGould New Member

Suggestion noted.. I will do so this weekend if I get chance. I did think I had that somewhere.. maybe I don't. Thanks Brad.

11. JimGould

JimGould New Member

OK I changed this: The information on this Web Site is for research and study and should be treated as supplemental training material and is in no way a substitute for training in a Dojo.

To this:.....
    The information on this Web Site is for research and study and should be treated as supplemental training material and is in no way a substitute for training in a Dojo. Please be sure that you are being taught by a qualified instructor and remember that you can not learn martial arts from a web site.

better?

12. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Your welcome Jim! Have a great day!