some feedback please

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by d0ugbug, Jun 23, 2009.

1. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Ok I've decided to do a new run of posters (not much else to do today) keeping these ones really simple large image, club name and venue and time thats it. any thoughts welcome

mock 1 | mock 2

font looks a bit sketchy as i had to zoom out to grab a screen shot

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. Morra

Morra Valued Member

They're both boring, I would not use those. The first one, the girl looks like she's bored lifting a leg up at a camera, the second one is better, but that's the best you got? Wrapped hands? How about someone getting their face bashed in with the foam and spit flying and their eyes rolled up into their ugly heads? Huh? Where was that pic?

3. d0ugbug

No you cant use an image as the one you advised because of the message it spans across would you really want to go to a club that shows on a poster someone getting beaten up? Or similar a self defense class but the image you use is a woman getting attacked??

Its not always about what looks good but its more to do with what message that image sends as well

4. AndyT

AndyT Valued Member

Personally, I like them. The first one may look a bit better if the kick was being done with more 'feeling'.

They are simple, but the colours make them visually appealing.

One suggestion is to have some contact details - even if just a mobile and web site. Many people want to know a little more before coming down to watch.

All the best,

Andy

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

They're both very good. And hot damn! Who's the girl in the first one? She pretty.

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Use both. They appeal to two very different mentalities. Girl needs to put a bit more into the kick though, looks too staged.

I really like the 2nd one.

7. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Personally, I like the first one better because you get to see a face. Also, in the second picture, the guy's right index finger looks necrotic.

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I think the difference in perception of your club in using those two pictures is massive.
    That is the opposite ends of the kickboxing scene in pictures.

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

If I had to choose one over the other the 2nd one would get me interested since it portrays a fighting image and some serious competetiton training. The second one looks a lot more sport orientated and, dunno why, the leapord skin gloves kill it for me. But I think you said before you wanted to get more women interested right? I think that'd the the job pretty well

10. d0ugbug

Superfoot she is a stock image so I have no idea who she is. Yeah Im using both and placing them up in various shops around town using a different poster in each one and see what works.

The girl in the lighter and easy going areas of town and the tougher harder images for the rougher neck of the woods ;)

11. d0ugbug

Yeah although the club covers both ends of the scale which is hard on me at times but at least it gives me a chance to bring fighters up from semi - light and then light - full

12. burungkol

burungkol Team Yaw-Yan

i agree with moi, both posters targets a different crowd.
    i like #2 better. if im a girl, it'll be #1.

the girl could use some expression. have her kick in front of the camera not in a mirror - notice the foot.
    #2 is somewhat good for someone who already understands. some might not get the conveyed message instantly.

13. d0ugbug

Mirror what mirror when I kick forward with my right foot my big toe is normally on the left!?

14. ASW34

ASW34 Valued Member

me too, i agree with moi, use both, if you just use the one with the girl on that might be all you attract just girls depends what you want (does that make any sense?)

15. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

You have to be careful not to obscure the text with the background image. The girl in the first poster looks bored - do you want your potential students to think kickboxing is boring? It would be an interesting marketing tactic for sure, but not one I think will be successful.

Have you considered printing costs? Printing those posters to a decent quality is going to be really expensive and sub standard printing would be less effective than a well printed text only poster.

Oh, and make sure that those posters are using a CMYK, rather than an RGB colour pallette. CMYK for print, RGB for screen.

16. YellowFury

YellowFury Valued Member

I like #2 better, personally... although the fingers are a bit gross looking for some reason.

17. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

18. d0ugbug

Cheers Holy, I just bought the first one in the link late last night to replace it as well as 2 additional stock photos to use.

19. d0ugbug

Thanks to all who have given feedback to date :)

20. AndyT

AndyT Valued Member