So Im at a party...

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by KSprenk, Jul 25, 2005.

1. KSprenk

KSprenk be

So Im at my friends house who lives down the street from me. He had a few friends over, some I knew, most I didnt. So we are all just chilin out(No alchohall involved) and im talkin to this girl. Then this guy comes out of nowhere and says "Hey ******* thats my girlfriend." So I say " Oh i am sorry, I did not know." And He says " Yeah whatever" So about an hour later I am out side blowing stuff up with two other guys and the guy comes up and says "hey dont talk to my girlfriend" so i said" Dude, first of all i had no idea she was your girfriend, second all I did was talk to her" Then out of nowhere he throws a punch at me. I avoided by stepping to my left, I gave him a ****o ken strike(the thumb one, not sure how to spell it.) to the throat and a knee strike to the ribs before taking him down. Then I backed off and went into ichimonji, all completely sub-concious. I had no idea I could do that. So then my two friends jump between us and stop anything else from happening.
    So I decided to walk home. Then I get home and I get a call from my friend and he says the guy wants to fight me. So my question is, should I Fight the guy. I think I could take him, since I pretty much did when I wasnt expecting it. But if I do, that kinda goes against what we are taught, dont get in a fight in the first place. But if I dont fight then everyone will call me a pansy.
    And he wants to fight me tommorow at 5:00 so I need quick advice.

2. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

You should call him and set up a meeting place of your choice. Go tonight and set the place up with Ninja traps, then when he comes tomorrow. Spring the traps!

But in all honesty however. It's probably best you just report him to the police and be done with it. Responding to a childs actions like a child yourself doesn't solve the issue and will more than likely escalate. This guy strikes me as being a few excedrin tablets short of a full medicine cabinet.

3. Sheyja

Sheyja Valued Member

Why do you want to fight him?
    If it is to see if you can beat him, then that is a poor reason to have a real fight.
    If it is because others will call you names, I believe you should care more for your own opinion than those of they that would not have to fight.
    If it is because you feel he deserves it, then I beg of you humillity.

You say your friend told you he wants to fight? I say if he wishes to fight he should have the courtesy to introduce himself as such. Until that time I would take any talk of fight as rumour, so that he has to approach you himself. This has two features. Firstly it shows him that you are simply not bothered by his request for a duel, neither rising to it nor belittling it.
    Secondly, it means that if he does just arrive, and does just start a fight, you will not have had time to pre-empt the battle and worry, which should allow you to be the more natural fighter you found yourself to be when you took him out before.
    Avoid fighting at all costs, believe me you can feel really bad when you know how to hurt someone, and you do.

4. samoz

samoz New Member

I wouldn't fight him. Granted you may be able to take him, but who says he'll play fair? He might slip a knife or something and one of you could get considerably hurt.

Another thing, this isn't the 6th grade playground, it's real life. No one is going to call you a pansy for being a bigger man and not fighting a guy who is embarrased that he got smacked around by you.

Why not just call him or something and try to make amends that way? And if not, just dont ever speak to him or make contact with him again. *shrug*

Hope my advice helps :) Good luck resolving your situation.

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

invite him to your dojo or whatever for some friendly sparring. fighting him in T3H STR33T is a sure fire way of someone ending up badly hurt and someone else with charges laid on them.

6. hunter_kaval

hunter_kaval The Ronin

Best idea is to just tell you friend that your not going to fight him in a setup like that and if he whants to fight you then he's going to have to come after you. While in the next few weeks keep up your regular training and see if you can fit some extra training in and be very aware when you walking about in public.

This might not be the best advice but this is what I would do if I was you also how badly did you hurt the guy? It sounded like you couldve hurt him a fair bit and he wants more? Mind you he might whant to arange a fight so he can bring some of his friends along but ill shut up now.

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

that seriously sounds like one of the most retarded things you could do. you are basically saying "you and your mates can jump me whenever ok"

8. KSprenk

KSprenk be

Yeah dont get me wrong i dont want to fight the guy. But i will talk to my friend and tell him to tell the guy.

9. Fighter4Higher

Fighter4Higher Dark man of the unknown

Defeat him with everything that you are....

no seriously no girl is worth anyone getting harmed in this way. Possibly if there was a better reason than a girl and pride on the line. I'm pretty sure you can take him, but I doubt after losing like that he'd come to this fight the same way he did before (unprepared). If any of your crew has a big mouth and knows you study martial arts they may have told that, making him want to even the odds even more. I'd say leave the entire business alone unless he approaches you like a man.

10. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Best advice given so far, don't fight. Fight only when you have to and there is no other way out. If you go to this guy with the intent to fight you leave yourself open to all sorts of legal problems, not to mention the fact he probably won't fight you one on one. You embarrassed him and he is looking to get even. Tell him you don't want to fight. He calls you a pansy, so what? Just words. I've been called worse by better people. You'll be called names and challenged to more ifghts in the future. Face it, it's part and parcel of growing up. Gracefully decline his invitation to fight, tell him you two got off on the wrong foot and invite him for a burger or whatever you do these days (me, I'd invite for a beer). If he insists on fighting, just won't give it a rest, keep declining. If it comes down and he throws the first punch or tackle or whatever, end it quick. Quick, brutal and no mistake about the outcome.

11. Hapkido Student

Hapkido Student New Member

Remember to never fight for selfish end's. If i was you I would just tell him that I don't need to prove myself by fighting. Just as Ikkan said Bring him to your dojang and spar it out. BTW why are so many people *******'s out there? everyone want's to fight for a stupid cause. Back in the day's of the samurai you didn't do anything like that you faught for honor for peace and for respect. Everyone now-a-day's fight for selfish end's. Anyone can fight, but not everyone can walk away :)

12. Hapkido Student

Hapkido Student New Member

WOW..It get's said no better then that. Excellent advise. Also remember this is just a small fight that luckily didnt get out of hand, however this guy could have a gun, backup, other weapon's and so on. Trust me people who fight now-a-day's aren't going to just act like they lost in a fight, they are gonna keep comming back for more until they show you up or kill you. You don't have to prove yourself to no one.

13. KSprenk

KSprenk be

14. samoz

samoz New Member

maybe you could pretend that your crazy, because your not supposed to hit crazy people . . . or you could fake super powers lol sorry, i couldnt resist posting that . . .

15. r erman

r erman Valued Member

Do you want to risk an assault charge? Do you want to spend time in juvey? Do you want a civil suit for medical expenses(if you are fortunate enough to be the victor)?

There is no judge who will buy self defense under the conditions you are stating. The best thing you could do is report the first incident to the police and mention the guy may be looking for you. After that, avoidance--I think that fits somewhere into a certain philosophy...

Everyone who studies martial arts, at one point or another, evisions--or questions--what might occur 'for real'. You may feel this is a good opportunity, but you are wrong--unless he jumps you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  16. rabtodd

rabtodd New Member

17. MDN

MDN Banned Banned

You are all making terrible suggestions. A great warrior doesn't always fight with his body. So here is MY advice.

1)Sleep with his girlfriend. Then his sister.
    2)Plant drugs on him and then call the cops, anonomously.

18. NZ Ninja

NZ Ninja Live wire.

Like already said,hes probably going to have a few mates there to try and cream you if you fight him when he,s ready{ hes lost face remember},If you have to fight him in the off chance ,one on one, make sure he throws the first punch cos everything that happens after that is self defence.

If you can aviod the fight all together ,then that would be good.

Goodluck and stay strong.

19. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Excellent advice here from several, particularly Kurohana and r erman.

In other words, you already fought him, at a time and place of his own choosing, under terms he dictated through his use of the element of surprise. He lost.

20. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

Well, the first could be considered fighting with your body, though I suppose that technically it falls into the category of "unconventional warfare". . .