sloooooowwwww MAP

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Polar Bear, May 28, 2008.

1. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

MAP has got so slow these days that I very rarely bother signing in - and that's something I never thought would happen! :cry:

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

See that's what I'm talking about :( I'm pretty sure I'm not going to renew my supporting membership when it expires as it takes so long to look at things.

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Getting sick of it myself, even worse knowing you can't fix it yourself. I've yelled at Saz to show up and check out the server because the load is through the roof (40+ when its normally closer to 1) but when she will get round to it is anyone's guess.

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

No one is getting at you Anth, I think we can all see you are getting frustrated by not being able to fix it. It's just concerning that people will just stop coming here, less people will buy supporting memberships and all the hard work (especially by yourself) will have been in vain. :(

5. Nuklz

Nuklz The Ascended

Its better today

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

The way I get around s-l-o-w MAP is to open another browser and do other things whilst waiting to go back to whichever thread has then loaded.:cry:

7. Topher

Topher allo!

MAP has been fine for me recently......

8. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Seems ok this morning. Was something changed overnight?

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yep its better this morning, think Saz was tinkering last night as the site was down a while.

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Saz did a bit of work last night (hence the site being turned off) and it looks like its running better so far.

11. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Cool, now if only someone would turn the arcade back on:)

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I knew there was something I forgot to do...

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It's either Cosmic or Yohan! Those two turn up and it goes all slow again!!!

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Holy heck! The server load just freaked out with average load bouncing between 40 and 120 when its normally around 1 (5 max). Translation - something on the server is seriously not happy.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz!!!!!

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I thought something had gone wrong again, couldn't get on at all a while ago.

16. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yeah it was fast earlier, now it's slow again.

17. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Keep getting random data base errors on different threads...:confused:

18. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Hows it been looking now, specifically in the last 6 hours.

19. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Funny everything seems to work fine except when I try the :)) and GRRRR thread in off topic....I still get the Data Base Error message....maybe it won't let me :)) or GRRRR :p

20. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

For the past few days I have been finding MAP very slow.