Should I do boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Bruce_Lee93, Jun 15, 2010.

1. gcollin

gcollin Banned Banned

moi your like my guardian angel, Everybody i posted that just to see what reactions i would get, and that was a little more than i expected, boxing is a martial arts but it depends what way you look at it and what you hope to receive from it. Yohan, chill pills are only 9.95$ for a 5 ounce bottle at walmart.

2. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

A problem in any contact sport is cumulative effects of concussions-not necessarily KOs,just getting your bell rung repeatedly over the years.And just being subject to brain jarring in general.Such as a hard hit by a tackle in American football.

Just look into former NFL players in the USA and dementia pugilistica.Something which has been hushed up and denied until recent years.

So any of us involved,especially in striking systems run this risk,which may not even begin to show until much later.Oh,well-guess I should have gotten into mountain climbing.

I'll report back in 10 or 15 years.

3. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I'm sure a lot of the grappling arts that are constantly putting pressure on a person's joints or choking each other out probably isn't the healthiest thing in the long run either.

What's life without a little risk?

4. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

A boring uninspired existence with occasional cups of tea.

5. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

hmmmm

Sounds like the English football squad about now :' 0

powchoy

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Fourteen seems old enough to realize that posting something outrageous is logically going to result in people reacting as though you said something outrageous.

7. Bruce_Lee93

Bruce_Lee93 Martial Movie Addict

Dude, no offense, but even if your 14, trolling is just STUPID. You just set yourself up to be shut down. Next time PLEASE think before you type!!

8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Gcollin from the few times I've been in chat with you I'm reasonably confident you believe what you wrote if not then your trolling and repeatedly looking a mammary.

Moi being 14 isnt an excuse when you've been politely corrected on something multiple times. Fish of doom has at least twice challenged him on this stuff.

Also OP what about mopeds?

9. Bruce_Lee93

Bruce_Lee93 Martial Movie Addict

PS guys, my transport issues were recently resolved, and I can now go to boxing if I catch a ride home with a mate

10. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Good times.

I've the opposite problem, the lad who i train with (and drives us there) is so unreliable i hardly make any sessions.