Should I do boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Bruce_Lee93, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tkd GU

tkd GU Valued Member

At least I didn't bring Jesus into it! Your insult didn't even have an argument to accompany it. It was just plain mean.

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

What's wrong with Jesus? He makes some damn fine blades.

http://www.jhbladesmith.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

He's the cross guy isn't he?

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Dude, you need to chill. Sit back, soak in MAP, get to know people from a number of threads and a number of posts. You're rushing things in a community where people have been established for years. Take your time, forgive the occasional thing that might not chime with your ideas and form your opinions over time.

Everyone has different ways of expressing themselves, different beliefs, different ideas.

Some of them are even worth listening to, though they may be abrupt occasionally.

Some of them have nothing of any substance to say, though they sound plausible and knowledgeable.

I like your posts, I like your enthusiasm and I respect your knowledge of TKD, but I really think you're jumping in and being a little too quick to judge. :)

Kuma is one the guys who talks some sense around here (although his knowledge of TKD sucks :p), if he disagrees there's probably a reason for it and it's worth considering and countering with evidence and reference if you think otherwise.

Feel free to ignore me of course, I am old and a bit of a numpty after all.

Mitch

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If you mean his inscription, he uses a bull.

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I won't refute that.

7. Moi

Jesus?? Thought it was an ass. Cross, ass, baby, fish. That was Jesus. Can't remember a bull

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Ha! I thought you meant the bladesmith.

Nah, the real Jesus as in the big J.C. taught karate.

[​IMG]

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Not that it has anything to do with this thread (and I had to scroll back up to the top to see what this thread actually was again) :D

But I spent 5 years in taekwondo, and didn't earn a black belt. And that was at a place that most people would characterize as a "McDojang."

Just putting it out there.

SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES!!

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

That shot was mostly at him due to his previous posts of slagging other MAs. I wanted to see how he would react when got some of the same. Nothing against TKD itself.

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Too late, Bucko! It's on!!

Yeah, I know mate. I'm just frightfully bored at work and looking to chime in. :)

12. Bruce_Lee93

Bruce_Lee93 Martial Movie Addict

guys, STOP NOW AND GET BACK ON TOPIC!!! Also, Kuma, you shouldn't use an image that people may find offensive. Especially a religious one, if I were a muslim and you mocked muhammed, I'd be coming up to your place with some C4 now... ;)

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

What else is there even to talk about? If you want to box, go box.

I'm actually a pretty devout Methodist, go to church weekly, read to my son from his kiddie Bible, and hit up my church's Bible study when I can. For being a religious guy, I didn't take it too seriously. I doubt anyone else really did either considering how old that picture is.

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

What's to get back to? Page one pretty much covered it. If you want to learn boxing, you can afford boxing, and you've got the time for boxing, then learn boxing. If you're asking whether you need boxing, then we'd need to know what you're trying to achieve. Beyond that, the decision's yours.

Stuart

15. tkd GU

tkd GU Valued Member

Hey, calm down guys, I was really never that upset. Usually the only time I'll slag other martial arts is when somebody comes onto a taekwondo thread to talk some *****, and I will admit I take it to far, but afterall the tkd threads are somewhat my home territory- so no apologies! I guess I must confess that I take your comments on my touchyness as a compliment on my writing abilities. I had no idea that I could be so expressive with written word.

As for the original topic: boxing's cool, but I wouldn't do it just because I don't want to be hit in the head that much.

16. tkd GU

tkd GU Valued Member

Whoa! I didn't think my modified swear word would be automatically censored.

17. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Read the rules on swearing dude.

Yeah mitch is right btw, it is usually comon practise for a new member to introduce, lurk, lurk some more, do a little lurking and then chip in.

I know when i first came on here i made a few posts that i still cringe about however i have learnt a lot from this forum esspecially from the users you don't seem to get along with.
    Kuma is a good mate to have, fitness wise you could do a lot worse for advice.
    Its time to bury the hatchet (not in anyones head!) and THINK before you type.

18. Moi

Now what's an Anglo Saxon guy doing in the middle east 2000 years ago? Causing trouble I bet! No wonder they killed him. I'm glad things have moved on in 2000 years

19. Moi

anyone else get this image flashing through their head?

Attached Files:

20. tkd GU

tkd GU Valued Member

How the heck did you get access to my photobucket?