Short documentary with Dr. Kacem Zoughari on ninjutsu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Big Will, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Hello everybody! I have made a small documentary based on an interview and various seminar videos with Kacem Zoughari. He covers a wide range of topics related to the practice of ninjutsu and I hope everyone here will enjoy it.

Any mistakes or unclarities in the film are my own and should not be reflected on Kacem.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjicC7H_pHY"]Dr. Kacem Zoughari - On Ninjutsu (Mini-documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I don't know anything about ninjutsu, but that was a nicely made short film. Good work!

3. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Good job, Big Will. Here's to hoping for some positive discussion. :bow1:

4. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

Nicely done Will!!

5. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

thanks, I enjoyed that.

6. gregtca

gregtca Valued Member

Well i thought that was interesting , enjoyable, and i really dont know why others have a problem with the guy, maybe its a question of "Capacity" ? mmmmmmmmmm

regards
    Greg

7. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

They're jealous.

8. kevin g

kevin g Valued Member

Good stuff. I really liked his book.

9. mattt

mattt Valued Member

OK call me Mr Fish...

Of what?

10. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Probably the accent. ;)

11. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I liked this, thanks for sharing Big Will

12. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Fair point, ladies love a French accent. I think that's settled then.

13. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

That was well put together, thank you Will. I enjoyed that.

14. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Thanks for the positive comments, guys! :)

Aside from the french accent, I would guess that people might be jealous of his knowledge and skill too. After all, aside from power, money and love, skill and knowledge are what people generally are jealous of.

Just a guess though :hat:

15. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Its possible, but its more likely that these points are inconsequential and the real issue is their own insecurities.

In my experience there are two types of people who dislike him, those who have what he has in terms of knowledge and skills and relationships, and those that have been told to dislike him. Not sure if the sheep or the shepards are more guilty of the insecurity.

16. Cable Focus

Cable Focus Banned Banned

Thanks for that Big Will.

Learned a lot about Kacem and his views.

One question though, why are his students wearing hachimaki?

17. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

I don't know about Kacem's students, but in the Genbukan/KJJR I wore hachimaki for many years to keep the sweat out of the eyes when training, I use it much less now but now it is actually primarily used by the organization for Jujutsu training along with hakama and in sword/bikenjutsu.

I have seen a different style covering the head also in the Jinenkan.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  18. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

I think this is a good, and accurate, observation. I would posit, though, that those "who have what he has in terms of knowledge and skills and relationships" may feel like they don't have something that he has and this is where insecurities arise.

19. Big Will

Big Will Ninpô Ikkan

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate it!

It's exactly like Brian said actually – I only use it for the practical reason. I sweat so much and it often gets into my eyes without the hachimaki.

20. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

Some may use hachimaki to keep sweat from their eyes. I personally have to wear it at every seminar with Kacem. It keeps my head intact. Surely it would explode from all the cool stuff he shows if I didnt use it. / Skuggvarg