Shinobi Soldiers

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Sandstorm, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

That's cuz you're all big and scary now.

2. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

His errors are himself, a self indulgant egotistical person who doesnt have any more information that is already out there,thing is most people have a little more about them, the thing about cummins is that he's got a big gob and a lot of internet shouting sells books, i hope he does well i really do as enterprise produces jobs, then with his profit i hope he drowns in champagne.....

:D

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

4. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

5. Manga

Manga Moved On

Arthur Fowler said - "that seems highly unlikely, i also did not see mention of this in the discussion could u throw me a post #?"

and

"i have seen repeated claims of things, and no evidence to speak of, and if what you say about the book is true ( reference free) then i have no wish to support him by purchasing one.
    i already said, i make no excuses for the man. i just hate to see ANYONE get browbeat with fallacious logic."

Okay, I'm not entirely sure exactly what you were getting at here i.e. "that seems unlikely". I'm guessing from context you're saying that you find it unlikely that Mr Cummins would have not included a bibliography or reference section in his books? Forgive me if I've misread your words here but I'll assume this was your meaning. Feel free to correct me and I'll then attempt to address your actual meaning :cool:

Shinobi Soldiers does not include any form of bibliography. On page 159 is a small piece of text called Afterthought, wrapping up the book. On page 160 we have an advert for the forthcoming Shinobi Soldiers volume two. On page 161 we have an about the author page which includes the image he claims was taken in Japan (the one with the bad hakama). On page 162 we have an advert for his school (the dignity of fapping boids or whatever) and this is the page which also includes the mention of www.kujikiri.com but does not include any kind of reference or citation to say the material in his book is taken from there. On page 163 we have an advert for the graphic designer Jay Kane, who posted a subjective review on Amazon under the user name Creative Apparel (his company it seems). The book ends there.

As for his Hattori Hanzo book, there is absolutely nothing in there that can't be found on the first couple of pages of a Google search. There are no page numbers but at the end of the book, he wrote a page and a bit on his research methodology in which he blatantly states he did the majority of his research on the internet. Again there is no reference section, no mention of citations or anything of that nature.

The various points of plagiarism can be found earlier in this thread, along with evidence in the form of scans to back up these assertions. This plagiarism included an image taken from the book "Secret Weapons of Jujutsu" by Don Cunningham.

I hope this has helped clarify just what kind of person Antony Cummins is, how much credence we can lend his work and whether he is the respectable researcher he claims to be. In my opinion, these books are worthless on any level.

6. Manga

Manga Moved On

I was going to point this out earlier but Kirk was being court martialled for killing one of his officers, it was great :hat:

Anyway....

Art Garfunkel said - " i find it funny how if i person misinterprets something it becomes ninja world "fact" ( okuse and his jo/chu/ge/nin)."

See, this brings up two things in my mind.

Firstly, I've seen Mr Cummins go on about this point quite a lot. That makes me think more than ever that you and he are either one and the same or in cahoots.

What is a cahoot anyway? :confused:

Secondly, that whole issue is nothing new. Like we've said all along, Mr Cummins has been going on about zomg I know the true ninjutsus! And then he comes out with something like this, something that was discussed back in the 1980s and which is now common knowledge. Don't believe me? Try reading "Ninja Realms of Power" by Stephen K Hayes, page 59. Oguri sensei talks about these things. So you see, all these zomgawsh things that Mr Cummins keeps trying to say are new information really are old news to the majority of us.

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Ha. And your member name might scare her.

Try closing your eyes, say three times, while clicking your heels

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Does anyone out there feel sorry for me as a Mod, who has to read all the stuff in these threads? If it helps with the sympathy, I now have a pounding headache!

I think this one has lived a long and productive life and would be better off continued in Manga's new thread. If folk disagree, pm me and I'll consider re-opening it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.