Shaolin Monk - Kung Fu Masters

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by SteelyPhil, Sep 18, 2007.

1. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Yes, i intentionally didn't mention the fact that it's a show at the Empire theatre. Shaolin Monk
    My mum is kinda pressing me to go see it i think and i was wondering what everybody thought about it? Assuming anybody has seen it. I imagine it's a bunch of tricks and breaking stuff (which i'm cool with, not seen anything like that for a while). Trouble is it's going to turn into a famliy outting.... which means that for the next 8 years of my life i'm going to be asked to break boards and bend spears?
    Is it worth it?

2. pj_goober

pj_goober Valued Member

Go see it, its probably fun. Then explain to your family that its all stage-craft, trickery and showmanship, no more "real" than a magicians act. Also explain to them that this isn't anything like what you study.

3. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

You cant break boards and lay flat on spears?
    What type of kung fu do YOU do!?

4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

If it's anything like the Shaolin Wheel of Life performance, then it's worth watching.

I've seen the Wheel of Life a few times, and would probably watch it again a fantastic performance.

You can always tell your family it's just for performance, you're going to get those questions if you see the show or not.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Aye,performance wise they are pretty impressive,thinking of going to see it myself.Don't try this at home kids :D

6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I was in the second row from front, when the Wheel of life was in Reading.

When one of the breaking of wood pole on the monks back and legs, half of the pole flew into the audience and I caught it (best souveneer at a show).

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Cool :D

The kids are always impressive too!