sever, infrazael & iamraisen: prophets of doom

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by iamraisen, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Meshuggah - Nothing
    Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
    Lacuna Coil - In A Reverie
    Epica - The Phantom Agony

2. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

choconutjoe....in regards to Slayer I hear that Diabolus in musica and god hates us all are pretty terrible?

Or have I read wrong.

3. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Diabolus is pretty bad, God Hates Us All isn't so bad. Generally, just don't bother with stuff recorded after '91.

Reign in Blood is a seminal album, I highly recommend it if you're looking for something more than you're average thrash album.

4. DaveMustaine

DaveMustaine New Member

That or hatebreeder if you can get your hands on it.

5. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

Just got my hands on some slayer and judas priest.

Slayer- Seasons in the abyss was one of the better thrash albums I've heard (not that that's very much:D)

Does anyone know the difference between Metropolis pt2: Scenes from a memory and just the plain Scenes from a memory? edit<----they are dream theater albums.

Edit again: hahahahahah I just realized they gave me reign in blood in a seasons of the abyss case:p. Not that I really mind as I'm told this is their best one. Plus I dont keep my cases anyway.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  6. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

They're the same thing. Scenes From A Memory is a concept album that follows from the song Metropolis Pt. 1 from Images & Words, hence Metropolis Pt. 2.

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Just a note for any Theatre of Tragedy fans (I know there are a few of you here) and people who liked the female vocals in Cradle of Cack's "Nymphetamine" track should check out a band called Leaves Eyes. It's Liv Kristine's newish band since leaving Theatre of Tragedy last year - their "Lovelorn" album arrived on my doorstep yesterday and it's very cool; reminiscent of "Aegis" period Theatre of Tragedy, but without the Shakespearean language trappings. After the awfulness of Theatre's last two albums, it's good to hear her making heavy music again

8. Twimyo Jirugi

Thanks for the tip, man.

I actually just picked up Theatre's first 3 albums the other day, the lot for only E24, put a nice big smile on my face :D

9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

That's a steal! :D I paid about £30 for their first album because at the time it was rarer than unicorn poo, then about six months later it got reissued :woo: You've got their best material on those three CDs, don't touch Musique or Assembly with a large pole, your stereo will cry!

10. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

to hybrid killer

cephalic carnage- 'lucid interval', 'black metal sabbath'
    cryptopsy- 'cold hate, warm blood'
    necrophagist- 'seven', 'epitaph'
    meshuggah- anything at all :D
    hate eternal- 'king of all kings', 'powers that be'

download anything you can find though!

this week i have mostly been listening to cult of luna, isis, neurosis. oh and mare aswell, they are very similar to isis and just emerging onto the scene

11. Twimyo Jirugi

A belated Happy Birthday to Simone Simons from Epica who celebrated her 20th birthday yesterday.

12. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

just bought the keelhaul, mare, and isis (new) albums and they are three of the bet ive heard. ive really got into this genre in the last few months. dont think cult of lunas 'salvation' had left my player until i had these newbies.

13. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I've been waiting for that Keelhaul CD to arrive in stock in a local store for AGES :woo: Moral of the story: stuff supporting local retailers with your orders, just use teh interweb
    It's good then?

14. DaveMustaine

DaveMustaine New Member

Anyone know if that Children of Bodom DVD is out yet? If so, how is it?

15. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

yeah it is very good. as is isis and mare. im well chuffed with my purchases :D have you heard 'halls of amenti' by cephalic carnage? thats very doom esque- completely different to their normal stuff

16. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

Whats sepultra like??

Arent they thrash ie like Slayer??

(Sorry for the stupid question :D)

Cheers.

17. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

they used to be. on early albumns like arise they are most definately thrash but things went a bit **** up when max cavalera (now of soulfly) left.

18. choconutjoe

choconutjoe New Member

You guys hear that Dave Vincent has rejoined Morbid Angel?

I wonder if this means they'll go back to making stuff like Domination?

19. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

yeah im pretty sure i read it in terroriser this month. fingers crossed eh?

20. leeless

leeless Handshaker extraordinaire

Sep-ul-tur-a

I will personally disembowel the next person I hear miss-pronounce their name. :)