Serbian Aikido

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by cuongnhugirl, Sep 26, 2012.

1. cuongnhugirl

cuongnhugirl Banned Banned

Anyone here familair with it? It looks to be a blend of Aikido, JJJ and Judo elements. [ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=h__CdPeJoXo&feature=related"]STREET FIGHT real martial arts - YouTube[/ame]

2. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

It looks to me like it is very reliant on a compliant partner, not something I would recommend for Self-Defense, very Aikidoish. (take that with a grain of salt, I've experience with SD and absolutely none with Aikido

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Aikido in jeans basically

4. ITaikido

ITaikido Valued Member

I wish everyone would know exactly when to start attacking me...

5. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Just how often does someone pull a gun just because you bumped into them in the street? I mean I know Serbia has had more than it's share of violence in the recent past. But is it really that bad now? Do Serbians walk around with that level of paranoia?

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It's still a cool video. Cooler because it's not in a Gi IMO.

7. slasha

slasha Banned Banned

Its Aiki Jitsu they actually do. Sometimes they call it 'real aikido' I think they just developed differently while isolated by comunism etc.
    The same way BJJ developed from Judo not jujitsu as you would think.
    The same style have lots of really impressive videos on you tube, but it is all compliance, years of practice, some amazing breakfall skills though.
    The 'Jitsu' foundation is a simler style and available at most uni campuses in the UK.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  8. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

The jitsu foundation is a derivative of judo...

9. Heath Stray

Heath Stray Valued Member

Actually this guy lives in Granada, Spain :).

I think he's just a person with a lot of experience in different martial arts that does what works best for him using Aikido as his base. My Aikido teacher, for example, does practically the same; he adds to Aikido the striking techniques he learned from Boxing and Taekwondo and the grappling he learned from Jiujitsu and MMA. Then he further develops his style basing on his own street fighting experience. The result is a much harder Aikido, but very useful on the streets.

10. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

You've had cause to test this system often then?

11. Heath Stray

Heath Stray Valued Member

No no, all I know about this person is what I've seen in his videos, and what he himself tells about him in those videos and in the social webs such as facebook. I've just given my opinion of what these person style looks to me, comparing it to other people that have achieved similar results with their Aikido.

But of course, I'd love to have a chance to train with this person.

12. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Are they big in Blighty too?

13. St Matt

St Matt Valued Member

Its just aikido isn't it? The guy looks very good at it tho, very fast. I wouldn't say it was much different to what we do as I recognise 95% of the techniques, the difference being he is demonstrating it outside the dojo in a more 'realistic' manner/surroundings.

The major difference to what he does and what I do is that he is very good and I am, well, a bit crap

14. Archibald

Archibald A little koala

The trick to deciding if what you are seeing on a video is any good or not, is to not watch the defender (this guy is not bad from a technical standpoint), but watch the attacker....because usually they are slooooowwww. The guy looks like he's punching through treacle.

15. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Doing dojo techniques with dojo attacks in jeans doesn't make it more realistic.

16. St Matt

St Matt Valued Member

You know what I mean, just a more realistic setting. Anyway I'm just saying it just looks like normal aikido to me?