Scarface

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Burro, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Burro

Burro Looking for Write answers

Tony Montana

One of the best rise and fall crime stories I've ever seen. Truly awesome film. Had a great soundtrack too and brilliant actors...Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeifer. The film also has a very poweful message, that no man is invincible and that money can't buy happiness. It also comments on the American Dream, which is portrayed as a nightmare in the film.

Drugs, flashing machine guns and a thick Cuban accented, neon-pasteled suite Miami kingpin all make for a great crime classic :) Hence my avatar.

What are your thoughts? Discuss here

"The world is yours"

"You know what capitalism is? Getting [insert here]" lol

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Reminded me of "Miami Vice" -- everything about it is great, except that when the final credits roll I feel all rotten inside. Total downer.

But ya, there's nothing wrong with the technical production side of it. Very well-made movie.

Gotta love lines like:

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your [bleep] fingers and say, 'That's the bad guy.' "

"Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!"

3. McShabby

McShabby More Than A Feeling

Tony's downfall comes from his unwillingness to allow a woman and her child to be killed. So the only good thing he did in the film ended up getting him killed. Not really a great message.

Good film though.

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Pacino was ace in this film and its still one of my fave's. I liked how they showed the downward spiral for him though, living the americna dream then the coke and power messing him up. Nice to see :p

5. brotherinarms

brotherinarms Valued Member

thats well pointed out and i totally agree! the thing i'd say is in points the film feels boring/slow the pace changes too much for me. but its got some great acting tremendous lines and was a good depiction of the rise of cocaine around miami, on the hole a good film but some scenes could of been left on the editors floor!

6. tokman20

tokman20 Valued Member

i heard about this film as a kid, decided to buy it in high school. i was expecting lots of gun fights, instead i got a movie with the greatest script ever. actually, its the first film i enjoyed for the script. and ofcourse the final shootout "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!" EPIC